Custom Lime Cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.
look at @Horsewright ...his aeb-l is very stainless, tough, and aesthetically top notch imho
(many of his designs are drop points, but I'm reasonably sure he would do wharny styles)

Dave Ferry does amazing work in knives and leather...MANY excellent models and steels to suit your purpose.

OP - I think nighthaxan would be the way to go, if he can get the steel you want.

Just curious... is your avatar from Warhammer 40K?

Nighthaxen is definitely still around (or at least he was as of two months ago), he just does most his sales elsewhere these days. He made this for me not too long ago.

Large Lime Cutter (2 1/4"" blade instead of 2") with Silver Lightning Strike carbon fiber and 52100 steel.
bbA5nZr.jpg

Really like the Lime Cutter handle of my Nighthaxan, small and big versions. For stainless, I also recommend DW Childress, he makes a similar knife in 440C and some have a bottle opener, very good quality for a very reasonable price.

Would you go for the small LT Wright Northern Hunter blade shape? Another possible maker would be Hardedge knives by Kelley Ward, I have a nice kithen utility knife in AEBL too. Have you checked the kitchen knives section yet?

Last edited:
Big Chris is making cool little EDC Cleavers that would work for this, and he does work in stainless.

Party knife/bottle opener, 440-C stainless steel, RC 57-59, full tang, .126 thick, 3 1/8 in. hand rubbed hollow ground blade, 6 15/16 in. long, stabilized birch burl handles with blue fiber-optic/metal pins, green-white liners, multi-colored paracord lanyard with metal beads, black Kydex sheath with black paracord neck cord.... ***SOLD***(Int'l shipping extra) Use PayPal....
Inquires can email me at duckchildress@gmail.com
Thanks for your time....
WayneView attachment 925986 View attachment 925987 View attachment 925988 View attachment 925989 View attachment 925990 View attachment 925991 View attachment 925992 View attachment 925993

Need to recover some funds so letting a few go for MUCH less than I paid.

1.) The Area 51 Integral Slips Darriel Caston (D Rocket Design)
New Never Used. I purchased this directly from Darriel for $500.00. I will let this one go for $300.00
This is the first run/prototype from Darriel Caston (D Rocket Design). Heat Treated to 60RC VG10 titanium Body. The body is machined out of one piece. Darriel put a lot of time machining these body’s.

Darriel did not start using his logo on these early prototypes. These are an awesome example of Darriel’s work and his homage to the space age look of the 1950s SiFi era.

Great Chance to grab some of his earlier work as Darriel is only getting more recognized with new models coming out more often.

2.) Bronze Salvation Version 2 Darriel Caston (D Rocket Design)
New Never Used. Another I purchased directly from Darriel and paid $415. I will let this one go for $215.00

W2 blades with Ti Frame Lock and Bronze pivot cap and Bronze Back Plate. Again, this is another of Darriels early work and is not marked. This is frame locking.

3.) Anthony Griffin Knives
New, never used. $SOLD

This one was made specifically for me from Anthony a few years back. Features a Sheeps foot blade in M390 with etch and stone wash finish and nail nick (this blade is pinchable to open.) Lighting strike scale and frame lock side is Titanium with stone wash finish.
I wanted a mix between old slip joint look and modern frame lock

4.) D.W. Childress
New Never Used. $70.00
This is his party knife model. Has the bottle opener on the end.
440-C stainless steel, RC 57-59, full tang, .126 thick, 3 1/8 in. hand rubbed hollow ground blade. Red G10 handles with Red fiber-optic/metal pins, Black and Yellow Liners, multi-colored paracord lanyard with metal beads, Red Kydex sheath.

All prices are net to me. so if your doing paypal, send funds via F&F or add the 3.5%
Shipping is included to CONUS

View attachment 961220 View attachment 961221 View attachment 961222 View attachment 961223 View attachment 961224 View attachment 961225 View attachment 961226 View attachment 961227

Here are a few examples.

Lots of nice knives in this thread. I’m going total opposite. Dexter Russel net knife. Mine has become a go to knife in our kitchen. Cuts like a laser never needs sharpening dishwasher safe. So inexpensive it is almost disposable.

Even better their Sani safe pairing knife. Less than a five spot each.

hah, we use a mora 12c27 fillet knife in the kitchen for paring, a bit more money than those, but very much a laser

Nighthaxen's real name is Charles Roddenberry. If you google it you likely can find a way to contact him.

am I alone here, or does anybody else think a knife, just for cutting citrus for drinks, should be carbon steel and allowed to put together a knice natural patina?

Chris Linton/Osprey Knife and Tool makes a cool little Every Day Utility model that would serve well here:

ffcG6yQl.jpg

I would personally want something with more lean blade with some belly (pairing knife style) but that’s just me. I really don’t get the cleaver style.

am I alone here, or does anybody else think a knife, just for cutting citrus for drinks, should be carbon steel and allowed to put together a knice natural patina?

And only rinsed in single malt whiskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back