Custom Nakiri

Hi Gents

I'm just putting the finishing touches to this Custom Nakiri, it has a blade from 80Cr V2 (1080+), the blade is 3mm thick on the spine, 175mm long with a full flat grind, the overall length of the knife is a tad over 300mm. The blade was coated with clay and differentially hardened, it's the first time I've tried to get a hamon in 80Cr V2 and I'm really happy with the results. I have to say that I'm starting to fall in love with this steel, it's a pleasure to work with, heat treats easily and gives a lovely finished blade. There's one nickel silver spacer with a black resin bolster which has foil cast into it. The handle is my own hybrid wood of stabilised oak burr cast in white Alumilite resin. This handle was the other piece left from the Santoku I posted on here a while back. Everything is held in place with one mosaic pin and the whole package weighs in at 194g.

Thank you for taking the time to look, all comments and critique very welcome as ever.

Steve

Very purposeful and extremely useful looking....just not too wild about the handle materials but all very well done.

Thank you for your comments it's always a pleasure to have your input on what I post.

Steve

Back