Custom Order Thread 2019 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of my offerings are completed in small batches 100% by me Chris Linton

I would like to remind all of you that I offer a 10% discount for all Veterans, Law Enforcement and First Responders. (Please add in you payment notes when adding veteran discount honor system applies)

Please read everything carefully prior to making your selection

Disclaimer-

• I reserve the right to refuse to do business with anyone I choose for any reason I choose.

• I will do my best to make the knife you desire, however if it does not fit my brand image or I just do not like the material I will not make it! I feel this is the best policy to adopt for the buyer and the maker. I do not want to make something for someone I did not enjoy making or I thought was unappealing to the eye. (Just being upfront and honest)

• A 25% Non-refundable deposit is required to place a custom order. Paid immediately once I confirm your order via PM, I will generate an invoice through paypal the deposit and all subsequent Payments will be through the invoice. (The deposit will be refunded however if something happens and I am unable to deliver the knife)

• Once the knife is complete and ready to ship the total of the remaining balance will be due within 48hrs of delivery of the invoice reminder prior to shipment.

• Orders will be completed in groups in as timely a manner as I can without sacrificing quality.

• I will not promise anyones build by Christmas. Some of you will receive your knife by then. I will take the orders on a first come first serve basis but will organize them in a way to complete them all in a more efficient and timely manner. (If you are looking for a Christmas gift then this is not your thread, please buy from what I have or will have available on my website.)

• I will not make alterations to the profiles.

• I will not except any outside sources of materials other than what I have or can personally source, this helps me maintain quality control.

• A sheath will not be provided at this time.

Guidelines-

• For this Custom order list there is (NO) limit per person! (Please be reasonable though)

• You must be a Gold level member and able to send and receive PM's on Bladeforums

• First come first serve! Please claim a spot like in a normal sales thread

• I will only invoice the first 30-40 after that you will be place on a waiting list unless you decide to withdraw. After I have completed or close to completing the invoiced orders individuals on the waiting list will be contacted and invoiced and place at the top of the next list.

• No proxies allowed, the person who claims a knife is the person who will pay. What you do with it after you receive it is your business.

• Do not edit your post!

• Please state your options clearly! I.E.- Handle Material, Construction type (Bolstered), Liner choice, Pinstock and Lanyard tube material

• Once you have claimed a spot please PM me with your full name and email address so I can send a Paypal invoice. (Only Blade Forums PM's Please) Also please include the description of your choices in the thread and in the pm. I will calculate the cost for your total and the amount for your deposit.

Available to order-

(All build will have one 1/4" pin and a lanyard tube except larger knives with all woode handles those will have two 1/4” pins and a lanyard tube)
  • On Hand (Machined out pre-heat treat, about 12 of each)
(Prices reflect build as offered prior to handle choice)
  1. (K2 Raptor) - 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang - $300​
  2. Warthog Guardless Variant - 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang - $290​
  3. Mamushi - 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang- $295​
  4. Trail Hand - 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang- $295​
  5. Mini Mamushi - 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang- $265​
  6. Tusk - 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang- $265​
  7. EDU - 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang- $265​
  • Not on Hand (Will order steel soon).​
(I will Poon tip a Vildmark, Belt Knife #1 & #2, (K) Apache, Razorback , Ranger, and Recon on request).​
  1. Nomad - 1/16'' CPM154 Full Tang - $205​
  2. Vildmark - 1/8'' CPM154 Tapered Tang - $330​
  3. Belt Knife #1 - 1/8'' CPM154 Tapered Tang - $330​
  4. Belt Knife #2 - 1/8'' CPM154 Tapered Tang -$330​
  5. Shrike - 1/8'' CPM154 Tapered Tang - $340​
  6. (K) Apache - 1/8'' CPM154 Tapered Tang - $330​
  7. Razorback - 1/8" CPM154 Tapered Tang - $330​
  8. Ranger - 5/32'' CPM154 Tapered Tang - $375​
  9. Lil' Ferox - 3/16'' CPm154 Tapered Tang - $410​
  10. Ferox - 1/4" CPM154 Tapered Tang - $500​
  11. Recon - 1/4'' CPM154 Tapered Tang- $525​
  12. Ferox Ranger - 1/4" - CPM154 Tapered Tang - $650​
Please keep in mind all of these prices will already have, Base price + Steel + Tapered Tang incorporated and quoted above prior to your handle selection)

Handle Choice Cost below-

Bolsters-

• Basic Bolster +$40
  • Bolster with incorporated Pinstriping + $50.00
  • Double Bolster + $65
*(Front or Rear Bolstered material cost are half the actual full handle cost the other portion of the handle on a single bolstered knife will cost the full amount unless double bolstered then it drops to half again.)

Handle Materials-

(For this custom list I would like to stick with woods, g10’s, canvas micarta and carbon fibers.
No burlaps micartas or other natural materials besides woods please.)
  • Premium Canvas Micarta $15 *Larger knives $25
  • Premium G10's $20 *Larger Knives $30
  • Antique Micarta + $40- Market rate (Limited Supply Small knives only)
  • Stabilized Wood + $40 - Market rate (averages about $60 for domestic burl right now)
  • Presentation Grade Koa + $100 and up
  • Other exotic woods - $80 and up
  • Thunderstorm Kevlar $75.00
  • LVA Carbon Fiber +$100.00
  • Lightning Strike Carbon Fiber + $125.00
  • Marbled Carbon Fiber + $125.00
  • Premium Grade Carbon Fiber + $150.00 - Market Rate
(*Larger Knives are considered Lil’ Ferox, Recon, Ferox, and Ferox Ranger)

Commonly used premium Material-

(Premium Canvas Micarta's include but are not limited to)-
OD Green, Double Black, Red, Etc..

(Premium G10's include but are not limited to)-
Ivory, Ruby Red, Royal Blue, Jade, Charcoal Grey, Etc..

(Premium Carbon Fibers include but are not limited to)-
Glow Carbon Fiber, Copper Infused Carbon Fiber, Multi Color Carbon Fiber

(Premium Exotic woods include but are not limited to)-
Cocobolo, Amboyna Burl, Desert Ironwood Burl, Tasmanian Blackwood,
African Blackwood, Honduran Mahogany, Bastogne Walnut, Etc...

I will add more if need be, if all the spots are not filled, I will make the remaining with my choice of handle and offer them up for sale on my website.

Last edited:
I will be available all week to answer questions, I decided to give a full week to let you guys decide and make choices.
I am not going to set a time limit on how long I will leave the thread open. I will lock the thread when I reach my limit or I feel like it gets out of hand. Good Luck and thank you!

Example:

I will take

1.) (K2) Raptor - 3/32'' CPM154 Tapered Tang
Black Ash Burl over Natural with White G10 Accent liners
Natural Micarta Pin and Lanyard Tube

2. ) Tusk - 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang
Double Black G10 over Black with Blue Accent Liner
Carbon Fiber pin and Lanyard Tube

ETC....

Last edited:
Custom Order List 11/2018

If you see your name and order here that means I have confirmed it and this will serve as your order status board. Order listed is not necessarily the order they will be made in.

1. 1.)@RobbieB -(Paid) (Completed)
#1Nomad - 1/16" CPM154 Full Tang - OD Green Canvas Micarta (Bead Blasted) over Natural liners; natural pins and lanyard tube

#2Vildmark - 1/8" CPM154 Tapered Tang - Natural Canvas Micarta with Black Micarta bolster (both Bead Blasted) over black liners; black pins and lanyard tube

2.) @fatboyclone- (Paid) - (Completed)
Mamushi, Desert Ironwood Burl, 6k carbon fiber bolster, black G10 liners, carbon fiber pins and lanyard tube

3.) @Warrior108-(Paid) - (Completed)
Guardless Warthog with Bog Oak over Black & White w/ 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang

4.) @Hulk2e (Paid) - (Completed)
(K) Apache - 1/8'' CPM154 Tapered Tang, OD micata Basic Bolster and liner, Presentation Grade Koa, Antique Micarta Pin and Lanyard Tube

5.)@Choppaman (Paid) - (Completed)
#1 Belt Knife (drop point)-CPM154 Tapered Tang - Lightning Strike bronze CF-CF liner-Cherry Red pinstripe-
CF pin and lanyard tube-1/8”

6.)@Florider 6 (Paid) - (Completed)
Vildmark - 1/8" Tapered Tang
Natural Canvas Micarta Bolster with Hybrid Sky or Cobalt Blue Burl
over Natural with black or blue accent liner.
(Pin stock makers Choice)(Thicker Handle for bigger Hands)

7.)@Switchback275 (Paid) - (Completed)
Warthog Guardless Variant - 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang with DIW burl bolster and aged ivory paper micarta with natural liners. Pins, pinstripes and lanyard tube are maker’s choice.

8.)@NoRest (Paid) - (Completed)
#1 Trailhand-3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang
Buckeye Burl over natural liners with blue pinstripes natural pins and natural lanyard tube

#2 EDU- 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang
Buckeye Burl over natural liners with blue pinstripes natural pins and natural lanyard tube

9.)@jb33 (Paid) - (Completed)
#1 Warthog Guardless – 3/32” CPM154 Tapered Tang
Box Elder Burl over Natural with Blue G10 accent liners
Natural Antique Micarta Pin and Lanyard Tube
(Makers discretion based on wood between blue, lime green or white pinstripes)

#2 Warthog Guardless – 3/32” CPM154 Tapered Tang
Presentation Grade Koa commando (no liners)

#3 (K) Apache – 1/8” CPM154 Tapered Tang
Presentation Grade Koa over Natural with Ruby G10 accent liners

#4 Vildmark – 1/8” CPM 154 Tapered Tang

10.)@Oyster (Paid) - (Completed)

EDU 3/32” TT w/ (tbd) either DIW or TBW and black canvas or CF bolster w/ matching pin/lanyard tube.

11.)@Twisted Forest (Paid) - (Completed)

#1 Guardless warthog 3/32 od green canvas over natural liner antique pin

#2 Guardless warthog 3/32 natural canvas with yellow liner antique pin

12.)@mjbine (Paid) - (Completed)
Recon - 1/4'' CPM154 Tapered Tang with Poon Tip
Richlite Maple Paper Micarta with Natural Micarta Liners
All Copper Hardware​

Last edited:
A few other notes before I pop things off here in about 40 minutes. Based on questions that have been coming in. Antique pins and tube are available but in extremely low quantities. I do not see being able to replenish any time soon. Antique Canvas Micarta is at a very low supply as well and do not foresee being able to replenish that either. I only have the thickness available for small knives. Mini Mamshi and under or a thinner handled Warthog. All of this is on a first come first serve basis. If I run out before I get to you you may want to think of an alternative just in case.

If you are looking for DIW or Desert Iron Wood it is important to make the distinction between Figured, and Burl. There is a price difference.

I will not make any knives with burlap micarta, nothing against the material. I just prefer not to use it at this moment.

Your best bet for getting on the list is to stick with. Woods, Canvas Micarta, G10's and Carbon Fibers or any combination of those.

I wish everyone luck!

Nomad - 1/16" CPM154 Full Tang - OD Green Canvas Micarta (Bead Blasted) over Natural liners; natural pins and lanyard tube

Vildmark - 1/8" CPM154 Tapered Tang - Natural Canvas Micarta with Black Micarta bolster (both Bead Blasted) over black liners; black pins and lanyard tube

Guardless Warthog with Infused Marbled Carbon Fiber Bog Oak Burl with Tangerine Carbon Fiber Liners and Lime Carbon Fiber Stripes, Glow in the dark lanyard hole over 1/16" Tapered Tang Acid Etched / Stonewashed M390

Just kiddiing! ....

I'll just have a nice simple Guardless Warthog with Bog Oak over Black & White w/ 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang

I will take,

1) Trailhand-3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang

2) EDU- 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang

Nomad - 1/16" CPM154 Full Tang - OD Green Canvas Micarta (Bead Blasted) over Natural liners; natural pins and lanyard tube

Vildmark - 1/8" CPM154 Tapered Tang - Natural Canvas Micarta with Black Micarta bolster (both Bead Blasted) over black liners; black pins and lanyard tube

Mamushi, Desert Ironwood Burl, 6k carbon fiber bolster, black G10 liners, carbon fiber pins and lanyard tube

Guardless Warthog with Infused Marbled Carbon Fiber Bog Oak Burl with Tangerine Carbon Fiber Liners and Lime Carbon Fiber Stripes, Glow in the dark lanyard hole over 1/16" Tapered Tang Acid Etched / Stonewashed M390

Just kiddiing! ....

I'll just have a nice simple Guardless Warthog with Bog Oak over Black & White w/ 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang

(K) Apache - 1/8'' CPM154 Tapered Tang, OD micata Basic Bolster and liner, Presentation Grade Koa, Natural Micarta Pin and Lanyard Tube

#1 Belt Knive (drop point)-Lightning Strike bronze CF-CF liner-Chery Red pinstripe-CF pin and lanyard tube-1/8” -CPM154 Tapered Tang

Vildmark - 1X.
Will discuss handle material...

Warthog Guardless Variant - 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang with DIW burl bolster and aged ivory paper micarta with natural liners. Pins, pinstripes and lanyard tube are maker’s choice.

I will take,

1) Trailhand-3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang

2) EDU- 3/32" CPM154 Tapered Tang

EDU 3/32” TT w/ (tbd) either DIW or TBW and black canvas or CF bolster w/ matching pin/lanyard tube.

Got you all, I will add the selections to the list in a little while. I am going to leave the thread open a little longer and see what rolls in.
So far it's been pretty exciting and cool to see everyones choices.

Feel free to ask questions or just chat over in the Osprey K/T Sales Mung Thread. I will be available all evening to answer question take orders and join in on the shenanigans.

Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back