• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Custom SAK - Recruit - Withdrawn

BogdanS

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello dear brothers,

With God's good will today i managed to finish another mod SAK this time a 84 Recruit.

The knife itself is the standard factory one so i haven't intervene on it in any way but cleaning and oiling it.

The handle wears nicely handmade hybrid scales made out using ivory linen micarta as main body that was finished to a very nice shine, with a 10000 years old stab Siberian mammoth ivory inlay that was inlayed on it's turn with a beautiful piece of Dense Twist Damasateel that wears the cross mark. After etching the cross mark was brass friction plated for a stylish golden look. The Damasteel mark is embossed and it looks and feels very nice and solid upload_2020-11-25_12-53-18.gif;)

Please not that everything was made by hand so no CNC was used; a lot of detailed work got into this little guy and although it is not perfect i would say that it is at least a very nice and exclusive knife.

Withdrawn

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan

P.S: the scales are press fitted and secured with a small drop of CA; taking this into consideration i would not advice taking them apart as most likely they will be ruined. Made this statement as i am aware that the SAK users have this tinkering 'virus' in their blood upload_2020-11-25_12-53-18.gif:)

upload_2020-11-25_12-53-18.gif upload_2020-11-25_12-53-18.gif 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Last edited:
You are all too kind my dear brothers, thank you very much! ;)

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan

Here we go with a short vid - not good quality but shows the little knife live ;)

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan

Back