• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Spyderco Custom Scale Division Spyderco PM2 in Rex 45.

OhioApexing

Sharpener
Custom Scale Division (Cuscadi) Rex 45 PM2

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/1GkWv4D

I spent months working on this custom build in early 2019. The vision for this knife was to be a user that fully embraced work and made it look good.

It started by working with Custom Scale Division in Germany to make a set of scales that were micarta, would slowly patina over time, and paid homage to the original burnt orange G10 scales. I added a gold anodized titanium lanyard tube (Flytanium, if I recall correctly), tumbled the face of the screw heads with abrasive to create a weathered look, and completed it with an MXG Gear Deep Carry clip.

It has been sharpened numerous times and has a very stable, very deep, pseudo-forced patina. I used it for small kitchen duty here and there for a month or so which slowly built the patina over time. It is currently hair splitting sharp with a semi-mirrored finish.

Does NOT have original scales nor lanyard tube but DOES have the original box. All in, I’ve got nearly $500 tied up in this knife. $240 OBO shipped.

Back