Custom scale makers?

I am new here, so I apologize if I'm not posting this correctly. An internet search led me to someone who had made a very nice looking set of Micarta scales for a CRKT CEO on here. The knife sold, but I was wondering if anyone could direct me to someone who could make me a set like it? I bought a couple of these knives a while ago with the intention of sending one to my brother. He always enjoyed and used the little gadgets I sent him from time to time. He was very skilled with his hands and could repair many things. The knife gets mixed reviews, and it's not likely something a serious knife person would use every day, but I think he would have liked its design for light tasks. Sadly my brother passed away last Wednesday. He took his own life, and it has been very tough. I first carried my knife to work Monday, and was going to send his out Friday as part of a late birthday package. I now find sentimental value in the knife as it's the last thing I got for him in the tradition of doing that over the years. A nicer set of scales would set it apart, and I plan to hang on to it now for as long as I can. The extra knife could be sent to a scale maker for dimensions, and they could keep or donate the knife. I don't imagine there's much demand for custom scales on low end knives. I'd also pay whatever they consider fair if it's something they can do. I didn't have much luck finding anyone in a web search, so I'm guessing if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be on this website. Thank you very much.

Condolences on the loss of your brother. I hope time lessens and then eliminates your pain.

Looking through the feedback forum here can be helpful in finding good or bad reviews of suppliers.
Check out https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/feedback-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly.699/
If you do have any scales made for you, be sure to stay away from Shepard CC. He’s the worst. The fact that he’s banned from this forum speaks volumes about his style of doing business. See https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/shepardcc-scam.1502946/

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you so very much for your kind words and guidance. My intention is to honor a fun tradition we shared and keep moving on with things. This helps, and I really appreciate you guys taking the time to post.

Back