Custom Shop Bugout

Looks like a bugout to me. I heard some rumors of the bugout being added to the custom shop.

It would make my day to be able to get some different blade steels. M4 on a standard bugout would do it for me.

TXPO

This is exciting! I've been wanting a 20CV Bugout with G10 handles ever since that limited one came out last year (I just seriously dislike jade G10). I'm disappointed there's no green G10 option right now though... hopefully they add that soon.

Very cool and it only makes sense given the Bugout’s popularity. I can't say I feel the need to get a second Bugout right now but it is one of my favorite knives and you never know.

$250 for M4 and G10 is pricy but not egregious . . . Intriguing . . .

This is exciting! I've been wanting a 20CV Bugout with G10 handles ever since that limited one came out last year (I just seriously dislike jade G10). I'm disappointed there's no green G10 option right now though... hopefully they add that soon.
I was hoping for a regular green too, to match the spacers/thumb stud color.
Wonder why no s90v or damascus on this one?

Talked with Benchmade today about my order. They won’t install M4 or 20cv blades in a standard Bugout even if you pay.
Also the black coating in the custom shop is their standard black coating not DLC.
It wasn’t a big deal and I still ordered the coated M4. :)

Forgot to add the image of my build.

benchmade-background-SK3TE56D.jpg

Basically the same as the BK-2 I currently carry, but with better scales and steel.

TXPO

Last edited:
$240-250 for a steel upgrade & G10 scales. Not bad when you factor in the cost of a standard Bugout and aftermarket scales. Wish there was a OD or Ranger Green option for the G10.

Just found this topic and ordered mine! Way excited about this one. Now, if they would only add the Freek family!

S2FAEDh.png

Both are great. It really depends on if you want stainless or coated since you can't get their m4 uncoated. Both have excellent edge retention. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Living in TX/OK area the Bugout is a great edc when wearing shorts, I own the blue grivory and knifecenter's red battlewash and have been very happy with both. I would like another color or one with G10 but wow the starting build price is way more than retail, cmon Benchmade, okay I know it's a custom build but still very pricey, since I'm retired I'll pass and wait for another Bugout exclusive. I'm curious to see some of the custom builds, post your pics.

I would like another color or one with G10 but wow the starting build price is way more than retail, cmon Benchmade, okay I know it's a custom build but still very pricey, since I'm retired I'll pass and wait for another Bugout exclusive.

That’s the rub on the CS knives. Full-blown MSRP and high markup on the materials is a hard pill to swallow. Especially if you ever try to sell it later on. It’s like upgrades to a car...you need to find a very specific buyer to get any money out of the upgrades to a vehicle.

I took a huge bath on a CS knife back in the day and I won’t do it again. If I need to have one I’ll wait for one to pop up on the Exchange for 60% of what they paid BM.

Back