Custom Shop Bugout

@Cypress I understand, I've had more than my share of customs over the years, if you really want it you're going to pay the price, my main issue with their build process is the start price not so much the custom build price. I would rather they start the build price at what they contract with dealers to sell price, then bang us even more on the build and I would have probably not written my post. :confused: It's a great knife :thumbsup: but their custom build :thumbsdown: is not for me.

That’s the rub on the CS knives. Full-blown MSRP and high markup on the materials is a hard pill to swallow. Especially if you ever try to sell it later on. It’s like upgrades to a car...you need to find a very specific buyer to get any money out of the upgrades to a vehicle.

I took a huge bath on a CS knife back in the day and I won’t do it again. If I need to have one I’ll wait for one to pop up on the Exchange for 60% of what they paid BM.

Agreed.

I've chosen G-10 and M4 for my customs, so the starting price has been irrelevant for me. I considered a Bugout, but decided on a custom Mini Grip instead. If I decided to get a CS Bugout, I'd choose G10, and likely 20CV.

I'm surprised the mini deep carry clip is the only option.

Just found this topic and ordered mine! Way excited about this one. Now, if they would only add the Freek family!

S2FAEDh.png

Where do you see a grey G-10 color option?

I'm glad they finally put it in the custom shop to give people some steel options. The G10 texturing is kinda meh to me, so I would still probably go with the grivory to save money and put aftermarket scales on anyhow.

Blade HQ just announced an exclusive Bugout with grey G10, I wonder if that has something to do with them removing that color option....

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Benchmade-Bugout-Gray-G10-Satin-20CV--114143

I saw that also. On Benchmade's site my order still says "processing." I sure hope they continue with it in that combination, looks like the BHQ version has colored thumbstuds and standoffs. The G10 on the BHQ version also looks more like a light gray in comparision to the Benchmade handle.

I saw that also. On Benchmade's site my order still says "processing." I sure hope they continue with it in that combination, looks like the BHQ version has colored thumbstuds and standoffs. The G10 on the BHQ version also looks more like a light gray in comparision to the Benchmade handle.
I got a shipping notice tonight. Ordered last thursday, so hopefully you get yours soon. I agree at least in pics it looks darker and I hope it is as I am not as big a fan of the light grey.

I got a shipping notice tonight. Ordered last thursday, so hopefully you get yours soon. I agree at least in pics it looks darker and I hope it is as I am not as big a fan of the light grey.

Just got my shipping notice, happy they didn’t mess around with the orders!

Back