Custom Shop..... disappointment

BellaBlades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The Griptilian is a classic and the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Benchmade.

I picked up a Custom Sheepsfoot M4 Grip full blackout hardware with OD scales for the price of a base PM2 which was my next choice.

Anyway. Great price and awesome option. I can't wait. Takes me back to my 440c mini grip back in 2005 iirc.

Full price on this is $150 TYD.

They also included a low rider and arrow clip plus screws with the order. I'm not a fan boy or trying to advertise. I've only owned a couple BM knives over the past 10 years. I'm just impressed :)

I have a few options for Taiwan, Japan etc. But I'm never quite happy unless I have a quality piece made in the USA.

Update. I sold my custom shop and purchased an awesome Camo DLC PM2!

3URD44N6~2.png 3URD44N6.png

Last edited:
I've been looking at an M4 Grip myself.

Edit:

Well, this just happened:

bmk-cr-knife-stacked.png

Last edited:
Oh baby. That's just like mine. I went OD but tried on those tan pants first :)

I can't wait. It's going to arrive before our family vacation.

The M4 combined with the 550 blade shape should make one hell of a user. It was OD or DT for handle without question.

The M4 combined with the 550 blade shape should make one hell of a user. It was OD or DT for handle without question.

Its great steel that I have not tried for a while and the Griptilian handle is so versital and comfortable due to the simple design and contours.

Its great steel that I have not tried for a while and the Griptilian handle is so versital and comfortable due to the simple design and contours.

Yep. I bought a FREEK for the M4 but it just didn't work out.

Quiet, you!

You know it's going to happen. You bought a Freek for m4 but it wasn't right for you. You know the 550 is.

Flat. Benchmade thought it’d be a swell idea to decrease the cutting efficiency of their sheepsfoot.

In their defense it seems like that's what the market wants. The 550HG was a fantastic slicer but all anyone talks about is FFG.

Flat grind sounds good to me. I'm a fan of both. Two days and my order is complete, not bad ;)

Damasteel blade with CF handles came out to $500. Costly, but a relative bargain if you consider what they would charge for a Gold Class Crooked River...

Totally agree. Benchmade is offering some amazing options in the shop. Something few companies offer at that level.

Totally agree. Benchmade is offering some amazing options in the shop. Something few companies offer at that level.

I don't think any other production companies offer anything comparable to the options in the BM Custom shop. That's a point that goes unnoticed by far too many people who love to pile on with Benchmade complaints.

Back