Custom Zombie Tools Apokatana - Modern Katana Plans - Pics Included

Zombie Tools is not currently accepting new custom orders, but once they are, this is the latest iteration of the blade that I hope to have them help me make.

I may need the help of multiple craftsmen for the various aspects of the sword.

Here is my plan and a mock-up of the sword I will have made:

- a lanyard hole
- a bi-hi / fuller
- green & black layers g10 handle scales in the same pattern as the Zombie Tools "Toothpick"
- the "raw - satin" finish that is an option on their site
- a custom titanium 3.25in Tsuba

Here is a collage of the blade:

Here is my custom design vs the stock Apokatana:

This final image shows a particular aspect of the handle that I hope to have done. I don't like the idea that part of the tang in the handle is exposed to the sweat and moisture of a hand during use, as I know that will lead to rust or will require oil, which will make for a slippery grip. The solution I hope to have overcome this is to have the tang wrapped in carbon fiber and epoxied in place before the forest green g10 spacers and the od green & black handle scales are installed and sanded.

Let me know what you think of this, as I am not an expert in this area and don't know if there is something that would make this a bad idea.

Here are the dimensions / specs in more detail:

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

Tyler

Last edited:
I'd say that unless the fuller is for looks only, I'd make it wider and bigger to reduce more weight. Making the handle a bit "taller" and more ovoid would be beneficial, too.

Back