1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Customized mini grip

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by Auglaize117, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Auglaize117

Auglaize117 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Had an old mini grip laying around I decided to do something with. I realize the mini grip isn't exactly a "show piece" model, but I figured I would share anyway.

PS: thanks to deathofallthings for the awesome scales.

Attached Files:

Jesse B., Jaydud, TonySal and 2 others like this.
  2. TonySal

TonySal

Jan 10, 2015
    I did dif colored Ti screws and a custom deep pocket Ti clip, I'm usually not allowed to touch power tools...doh!

3. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    is that a damascus blade? more details and better pictures please, really cool!

TonySal likes this.
  4. Auglaize117

Dec 6, 2018
    I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow, my camera phone sucks.
    The blade is a feather pattern Damascus (carbon steel) done by grand Levitt and the scales are carbon fiber with a curly Koa inlay and copper back spacers, done by forum member deathofallthings. Thanks!

TonySal likes this.
  5. Rose and Thistle Custom

May 9, 2018
    Love DOAT's work, how's the blade fit and function?
    black2.jpg h3.jpg

Yakkiebush likes this.
  6. Auglaize117

Dec 6, 2018
    Wow, those are awesome. I really like the ironwood inlay. Is that paper Micarta? I've got another mini grip I'm going to get a set of DOAT scales for. The blade fit is pretty good. It's smooth, but is off center. Not bad enough to get into the scales or anything but definitely not dead centered. I'm going to try to let it break in a bit, then try to center it again.

7. Rose and Thistle Custom

May 9, 2018
    Thank you. Yes, the green and purple are G10 and the black is paper micarta, my wife worked hard to find the exact wood she wanted for both her knives.

8. Jesse B.

Jesse B.

Oct 23, 2009
    Wow.
    The striations in the wood really complement the pattern of the damascus, buffered by mottled carbon fiber. It’s beautiful.

9. Auglaize117

Dec 6, 2018
    As requested, a little better pictures haha. The first pic looks like the blade has some rust or something but it's just the lighting.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  10. Auglaize117

Dec 6, 2018
  11. Rose and Thistle Custom

May 9, 2018
    That came out awesome, thanks for sharing.

12. Auglaize117

Dec 6, 2018