Customized Spydies

Well I haven't been around these parts in quite some time, but I think I've found the one thing that this subforum needs; a "Customized Spydies" thread like they have over in the BM subforum.

This came to mind because I'm waiting for a para 2 to come back from Keyman with CF scales.

So go ahead and post pics of your customized Spydies, everyone! I'll surely be posting pics of mine once I get it:thumbup:

This is my pride and joy: half me, half Mr. Ketchen.

DyViSXv.jpg

Here's the militaristic pair. Ti Milie with my own amateurish ano and stonewashing job, and a PM2 with spaceman Ti scales.

6EBGfVt.jpg

Had to part with this one, but she still has a special place in my heart.

mEhsqRt.jpg

Monday I'll have a GB to throw up here, too.

I must have about 80 customized Kiwis, but these are a few of my favorites...

...all stainless Kiwi with the blade and handle engraved by Spanish master engraver Antonio Montejano...

antonio_montejano_engraved.jpg

...bolstered Kiwi with sambar stag scales installed by Santa Fe Stoneworks and engraving by David Clevinger...

sambar_stag_kiwi_01.jpg

sambar_stag_kiwi_08.jpg

...another bolstered Kiwi and a Police, both with Santa Fe Stoneworks iconic "Earthling" wood marquetry...

earthling_duet.jpg

...and yet another bolstered Kiwi done up in tortoise shell acrylic by "Tonydahose"...

tortoise_acrylic_composite.jpg

So much for the Kiwis.

This started life as a SS/Kraton Stretch and was rebuilt for me with lignum vitae scales over titanium liners by Steve Rice. I've had it just over eight years, and it has spent more time in my pocket than any other folder...

lignum_stretch_001.jpg

...and this Atlantic Salt received the same treatment from him, plus a "nose job"...

maple_wharn_atl3.jpg

WOW!! These are some beautiful spydercos. I was about to post my delica with frn handles that i Rit dyed blue and stonewashed the blade and pocket clip but now i'm not going to. These are over the top!! BRAVO.

So amature compared to the rest but this is my best attempt so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 275
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 200
I've got a few I could post but for some reason I'm not allowed to post attachments ? : /

You have to be a paying member to upload photos to the forum severs. But you can use any photo hosting site (imgur, photobucket, etc.) and paste the BBCode link.

Back