Customized Spydies

I actually like the look of the Sanded down g10 as opposed to the diamonds.. Steve does killer work!

I hated to mess with his work, but the diamonds just weren't my favorite.....I didn't order 'em, Steve sold me the Military that already had those scales on it.

Thank you for saying you like it after sanding, I was worried! Figured I could make it look ok, more similar to my very most favoritest scale EVER, that he did on my Domino!

Can't get any better picture than mmans already did, but I received this back today and it's even better in person. More than I ever expected. Couldn't recommend his work more highly. Shank hanks are pretty cool too.

f0Ng5ku.jpg

Xv0SwSy.jpg

Spyderco Military for BF member....
Heat colored ti slabs, etch & stonewash blade, and customer supplied titanium "furniture" from Gnoleb.
(Background is a Star Wars SHANK HANK

Green Levi laminate I made awhile back from my Persistence with bead blasted parts...

063.jpg

I now own this knife, it just has different Sketchen scales..I am pretty sure that the OG owner (who is on these forums if he wants to chime in) had it sent directly to Tom Veff to have the serrations done. I would imagine he is the only one allowed to grind these serrations being that he is the inventor so to speak..and just in case you are wondering...they are MEAN!

I now own this knife, it just has different Sketchen scales..I am pretty sure that the OG owner (who is on these forums if he wants to chime in) had it sent directly to Tom Veff to have the serrations done. I would imagine he is the only one allowed to grind these serrations being that he is the inventor so to speak..and just in case you are wondering...they are MEAN!

Thanks for chiming in brother!

But no, the serrations weren't done by Veff himself. I had a friend who's handy with a grinder take a stab at them, and he did a pretty good job. Though Veff DOES do them (I didn't know it at the time), so if you want them done he'd be a good source.

And yes, they ARE mean. That M4 steel makes them really bite hard.

Thanks for chiming in brother!

But no, the serrations weren't done by Veff himself. I had a friend who's handy with a grinder take a stab at them, and he did a pretty good job. Though Veff DOES do them (I didn't know it at the time), so if you want them done he'd be a good source.

And yes, they ARE mean. That M4 steel makes them really bite hard.

Oh wow....that's really cool. Your friend did an amazing job because I could have sworn those were done by the man himself!
Good to have people that are handy w/ a grinder around!

Here is one of my 2 Custom GB's.
Sketchen Scales
Veff inspired serrations
Casey Lynch Deep Carry Clip
nc4ZsSi.jpg

And my other GB:
Acid Stone wash on blade/pocket clip/liners (Done By Josh @ REK)
Wicked Edge Mirror Polish @ 15dps ((Done By Josh @ REK)
Deep Carry TI Clip by @ Gnoleb Knives on Ebay
tSk1wXR.jpg

Love the look of those veff style serrations! I wouldn't mind a fully serrated GB in that style...

Oh wow....that's really cool. Your friend did an amazing job because I could have sworn those were done by the man himself!
Good to have people that are handy w/ a grinder around!
I had thought someone might have sent them to veff himself directly. What a nasty, nasty aggressive serration when combined with a nice steel that doesn't roll! Iove it!

Back