1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 44 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, Cold Steel Stickers & Boker Tree Brand Hat , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)
  3. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Customized Spydies

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Krissig12, Apr 18, 2015.

1. sharpdentist

sharpdentist

Aug 28, 2015
    Sandblasted spine and pocket clip to reduce shining reflections and reduce visibility. Native5.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. tdkfm

tdkfm

Oct 9, 2014
    Been playing with RIT dye getting rid of that yellow FRN

[​IMG][​IMG]

Started yellow. Ended up between these two, closer to the dark one depending on light.

3. The Dude1

The Dude1

Dec 22, 2013
    Ouch... that really stings... I parted with my Superhawk and I regret it.... I regret it alot more now

4. The Dude1

The Dude1

Dec 22, 2013
    What color dye did you mix to get that OD green color? Looks sick. I've got a yellow handled SpyderHawk coming

5. tdkfm

tdkfm

Oct 9, 2014
    Just tan RIT. It's kind of a gold/tan/OD green color depending on the light now

6. The Deacon

The Deacon

Apr 27, 2003
    VG-10 FRN Stretch with sculpted cocobolo scales by suingab....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. The Dude1

The Dude1

Dec 22, 2013
    Where dI'd you get those copper and bronze scales? I would buy a PM2 just to have something to put those amazing scales onto

8. sharpdentist

sharpdentist

Aug 28, 2015
    I inceease the ease of opening the blade on all my Spydercos by grinding a grove where the thumb pulls the blade. Instead of a 90 degrees contact I have a sharper corner that catches my thumb with greater ease. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This is on my upgraded Nilakka
    [​IMG]

9. Nasgul

Nasgul

Feb 13, 2015
    I do the opposite concerning the hole(s).
    Even with a little brake of the angle. it still open fast. I did not notify any change at all.
    Well, just one things change, it's a bit more confortable !
    I used to do the same with the handles. :) Much more important there.
    It's a point Spyderco should improve.

10. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. SpeedHoles

SpeedHoles

Jan 18, 2015
    ^ Looks good! Is that Micarta, or another branded material like Terotuf or something?

12. Nasgul

Nasgul

Feb 13, 2015
    It look like Micarta, but is it a black (used) one ?
    Did you make them, if not who ?

Look nice !

13. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks,
    Yup, that's black canvas micarta.
    Yup, I made them.

14. The Dude1

The Dude1

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]
    This came out really nice. This is the perfect EDC hawkbill in my opinion.

15. BOOMER52

BOOMER52 CNC Custom Scalesmaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Agartha Audio

Agartha Audio Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Been tiring of the blade shape on the Dice, so took off the hump w/ a dremel, file, and sandpaper. Also sanded thru the Cf to ditch that wretched pattern, and expose the g10 underneath. Sanded it down to 2000 grit and it's lookin and feelin real nice imo.[​IMG]

17. Agartha Audio

Jun 20, 2015
    whoops, here's the image:
    [​IMG]

18. tdkfm

tdkfm

Oct 9, 2014
    Dice looks awesome

19. Agartha Audio

Jun 20, 2015
    Thanks man!

20. Keyman

Mar 26, 2001
    Super clean and awesome job ....as usual Mr. Boomer52!