Customized Spydies

Spketch not only is the superhawk one of my favorite knives that I missed out on but those scales look perfect!

Troy is doing an amazing job on my Damascus Delica.. will post an updated photo once assembled and shipped back to me...

DrMKGA2l.jpg

Ice man. Is that anodized? Who is troy and how do I get ahold of him?

Stonewashed and anodized florescent blue with pink splash. You can get hold of him via Instagram, his handle is tws777. He has some amazing work.

I am not sure if he is on this forum...

Troy is doing an amazing job on my Damascus Delica.. will post an updated photo once assembled and shipped back to me...

DrMKGA2l.jpg

Wow! that think looks amazing. Was it very expensive? (don't tell me the price! a simple yes or no will suffice).

Thanks RayseM, I called it butterscotch latte but ice cream is a better fit. Makes me hungry either way.

Thanks DocT!

ice_man, That is looking great!

I bought a damascus Delica with plans to do something similar, but I haven't quite worked out what I'm going to do. I can't wait until I have more time to work on it. Your pic has gotten me more motivated to get it done. :)

Got this Caly 3.5 Carbon - ZDP yesterday .
I got it for a ridiculously cheap price in an auction .
I knew it was a bit beaten up , so bought it to play around with and have some fun altering .

The blade had seen a bit of life and was so blunt it was funny . I am also not a great fan of the Caly's blade shape .
I am loving my Delica's at the moment ,so thought I'd try making a 3.5 Delica :)

So I took it to the belt sander , and ever so slowly and quenching the blade after ever pass I ended up with this .

So far I'm very happy with the re-profile , I also had to spend alot of time on my diamond stone resetting the primary bevel and then finished it off with a 20 degree micro bevel , its super duper sharp now .
I'm still trying to decide what to do to the Carbon scales , it is a bit limiting because they are pinned .

Ken

Back