• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Cutlery shops in NJ, NY area

On vacation in Northern New Jersey, And was wondering if there were any cutlery shops in Northern New Jersey or New York city?

There is an outdoor store, 2 actually called Ramsey outdoor. One is in Paramus on rt 17 northbound & the other is in Ramsey on rt 17 southbound. If you can get in the city try Paragon sports on 18st. I believe. There is also another Ramsey outdoor on rt 10 just before it meets rt 46. Where are you?

At Port Jervis NY, the intersection of NY,NJ, PA, right off the Port Jervis exit of I 84 is a good knife shop which I forget the name at the moment .But the address is 262 E Main St Port Jervis ,right off I 84.

I remember meeting the owner of JT's years ago at the Stamford NCCA show. It was held at a prominent Sheraton, with a grand piano in the hall. He looked like a 'typical' knife guy, with hard core clothes, and beard. Hardly seemed erudite. Then he sat down to play and just killed it with smooth talent. I'll never forget how impressed I was.

Looks are deceiving! Good luck.

BBKoenigsegg: We start our vacation close to there every year: 3-hour lazy tube ride from Delaware river tubing in Milford (The hot dog man!) NJ = FTW! ;)

Coop

BBKoenigsegg: We start our vacation close to there every year: 3-hour lazy tube ride from Delaware river tubing in Milford (The hot dog man!) NJ = FTW! ;)

Coop

Wow, that sounds like a good time! I'm on what most people consider to be the border of northern and central jersey, so that's not too far from me. I'm certainly happy to have seen this thread, as I had no idea that I had knife shops close to me.

Coop, BBK just doesn't like to vacation at home!

I'm a college student. All I do is vacation from home. ;)

Ahh, when I was a college student, I couldn't wait to go home to NYC for vacation.

Back