Cutting Boards?

As I always suggest, if you're a professional and work in foodservice you should be using a NSF listed cutting board, whether it be HDPE, rubber or wood, especially if you work for a chain, corporate feeder or institutional where liability is a major concern. They're easy to ID, just look for the NSF stamp that's on the side of a listed board.

anyone have any suggestions for a wood end grain board for $150 or less? finally want to get a good one instead of the cheap ass walmart board I have.

no idea what brands are good but boos pops up a lot on google searches, worth checking out?

maple or walnut? maple seems to be cheaper for whatever reason.

There is a site called 'larch wood canada' (leave out the spaces and add .com), they have a beautiful end grain mosaic for 185

Larch wood Canada has beautiful boards. I am between one of those and end grain maple and if I want the juice groove. It seems Larch is better on knives.

Last edited:
anyone have any suggestions for a wood end grain board for $150 or less? finally want to get a good one instead of the cheap ass walmart board I have.

no idea what brands are good but boos pops up a lot on google searches, worth checking out?

maple or walnut? maple seems to be cheaper for whatever reason.

If you're still looking, J.K. Adams makes a nice maple end grain 12 x 12 x 2.5. I've been using one for over 20 years, and love it.
Wayfair.com has it for $85, with free shipping.

Good luck,
Joe

Back