Cutting Video Going Viral

Big Chris

SAHD/Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
My video of me cutting at the Bladesports Middle Tennessee Competition is getting thousands of views.
I had my best cut yet and the video is proof to show it.
With an almost flawless cut I managed to bring home the Overall win.
I was 7 points from a perfect cut.
I cut out of the 5 pt target zone on the 3/4" oak dowel into the 3 pt zone, literally missed it by a hair.
I missed the tip of the second "bendy" straw.
Overall I could not be more pleased.
As of this posting it has passed 835,000 views.
Hopefully this link works and you can watch the video.
https://www.instagram.com/big_chris_custom_knives/

Thanks

Chris

I saw the video and it was close to 900k views. Well deserved as that knife and you le skill is impressive.

The comments are gold btw.

The comments are gold btw.
I saw the video and it was close to 900k views. Well deserved as that knife and you le skill is impressive.

Thanks.
The comments are both annoying and entertaining.
I just don't understand why some people feel they need to say the things the say.
I wish I had time to google translate all the foreign comments.

I have gained over 6000 followers since I posted it and have had to deal with close to 100 messages so far.
It's all a bit overwhelming.

Don't take the comments to heart. People on instgram can be very ignorant and petty.

There are also people from many different countries and they genuinely don't understand that this is a thing.

Keep posting them up, I'm a follower of yours and own your work. It's good to see what your knives are capable of.

Great Job. Great blade. It's unfortunate that Instagram unveils how many folks are complete racists against white folks.

I follow you and onemorejude and couldn't believe when I saw the video on both of yalls feed, Ha Ha talk about different worlds colliding !

I just saw your video on Facebook with almost 14 million views... dang!! Maybe I should order something while I still can :eek:

That's awesome Chris and well deserved. I've had the pleasure of watching several of your runs and you have come a long way since you got into Bladesports. Keep it up. You are in the running for a world championship.
Scott

I saw this early on when you first posted it up on Instagram and I just watched it again (~1.8m!)... Congrats on the Tennessee win. :)

The knowledge and experience gained from your blade sport events is going trickle down into making better performing knives for us to use and enjoy!

I follow you and onemorejude and couldn't believe when I saw the video on both of yalls feed, Ha Ha talk about different worlds colliding !

The attention the video is getting is mind boggling.
I noticed earlier this week that it is gaining attention and getting shared with more European users.

I just saw your video on Facebook with almost 14 million views... dang!! Maybe I should order something while I still can :eek:

I am receiving more requests than I am able to keep up with.
People wanting quotes for everything from Comp Choppers to Hunters.
Most are weeded out once they find out the true cost of a handmade knife.

Some of my kitchen knives won't slice tomatoes like that!
Awesome!

That tomato cut was after the winning run, and was actually the first time the knife had been out of the sheath since finishing the cut.

Great run BC! Congratulations to you on the finish :thumbsup:
That's awesome Chris and well deserved. I've had the pleasure of watching several of your runs and you have come a long way since you got into Bladesports. Keep it up. You are in the running for a world championship.
Scott

Thanks Guys

I saw this early on when you first posted it up on Instagram and I just watched it again (~1.8m!)... Congrats on the Tennessee win. :)

The knowledge and experience gained from your blade sport events is going trickle down into making better performing knives for us to use and enjoy!

The comp knives have changed the way I contour handles a bit.
They have also taught me a bit about edge geometry on large knives.
All this is most definitely for the better.

The video is pretty popular. I had a buddy (who knows nothing about knives) tag me on it on Facebook cause he knows I'm into knives.
I was like:
Hey , that's big Chris!!
BTW awesome video and congrats on winning.

Andy

Back