• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

D Rocket Designs Whorl

Status
Not open for further replies.

toocool006

Gold Member
Hi y'all,

THIS IS SOLD to JRaysp JRaysp

Got a bit of an odd duck today. This is a seriously design-forward knife (and a machining marvel!) from the mind of Darriel Caston paying homage to ancestral circular blades, but in a compact folding form. From the maker:

"Introducing the "Whorl" EDC pocket/neck/keychain folding knife - a Re~Evolution of the Oval and Round Stone knives used by our ancestors where scrapping, cutting, skinning and chopping was more important than stabbing.

Design, Imagination and Innovation have been the keystone of man's rise in the animal kingdom. The slight tweak in our DNA which are only a few percentages points apart from our ape relatives, but those key differences have set us a world apart as a species.

The knives used today after thousands of years of design and material evolutions are not that far removed from those initial designs - the difference is really only in the materials and the processes we use in making a cutting tool.

I wanted to pay homage to that initial innovation with a neck/keychain/pocket EDC knife that is easy to carry and use, but stood out in look and feel - Pocket Jewelry."

The blade is M390 and the handle is Titanium (6AL-4V), both beadblasted. I'm not the first owner, but the edge appears factory (Brian at REK had to make custom jigs to sharpen these guys I believe, he might still have those available if you should need sharpening in the future). It has seen some carry, with the typical snail trails and some slight coloration variation in the Ti. It's small, watchpocket or keychain sized.

These were a kickstarter a few years back and listed at $205 (and there's a V2 coming out soon starting at $350), I'm asking $SOLDG&S shipped. Probably the cheapest entry into owning a D Rocket you'll find. Any questions, shoot me a message. Thanks for looking!

Video showing the frame/body lock mechanism - it's pretty ingenious but definitely requires two hands and fine manipulation.

THIS IS SOLDTO JRaysp JRaysp

BGGIQWV.jpg

MZCpyIC.jpg

llUdEjO.jpg

s6QLiBp.jpg

gCguwet.jpg

obfYmgt.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back