• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good Daado

kvaughn

Gold Member
Got a second B&T from Dalibor Seckar of Croatia. Forum name Daado.
Beautiful F&F, grind,ergonomics and materials. Great price for amazing workmanship. Great users made out of quality materials. Very nice person and easy to deal with. Doesn't everyone need a knife from Croatia? I had to get another one as my wife appropriated the first for the kitchen. Check him out--KV

I have two knives from Dalibor currently and I know that number will grow. He is currently working on a kitchen knife for me. Excellent communication, beautiful forged blades and possibly the best value for the dollar for knives of this kind on the entire forum. Top notch member in every way.

I've bought from Dalibor 3-4 times, giving a couple as gifts. Just grabbed an 52100 EDC that arrived today, great finish, grinds and razor sharp, handles and leatherwork for the price.

Thank you for the kind words, gentleman. Much appreciated.
I'm really glad and proud you like my work, and I'll do my best to keep it that way.
Thank you.

He is easily one of the best makers you can find here. My rather large chopper from him has served me well ALL WINTER long.

I would easily recommend anyone work with him. :)

I picked up a B&T about a years ago and I concur with all the above posts. Amazing quality and ergonomics, it practically disappears in your hand. Razor sharp to boot.

He just made me a set of kitchen knives with the vintage micarta that I’m very please with and now he’s making a matching clever. I like the fact that it looks old and is very sharp. No worries about scratching polished blades in the kitchen. Now I just have get my wife to cook.

I have one of his Hellcat tank ball bearing edc sized blades and I agree with everyone here....great blade, tough sheath and old world craftsmanship. I think a big chopper is next on my list.
TC

I ordered a custom knife made from one of the M118 Hellcat turret ball-bearings from Dalibor, and I couldn't be happier with the resulting knife! Like others have said, great quality for the price, and he kept me updated with emails and pictures as the knife was made. -Bob

I'm a fan :thumbsup:...I own these plus a couple more not pictured >>> they're loaned to friends and I've bought 2 others that I've gifted to other friends...

Dalibor is great to work with and he will work with you to make your blade perfect for your uses!

He had never made a frog-type adapter for a sash style sheath before he made mine...as you can see not only was he willing to try, he KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE BALLPARK!!!

DO NOT hesitate to use this maker of fine blades in 52100, 5160, etc. just because he's half way around the globe! Dalibor will keep you up to date with WIP pictures and PM's that makes it seem like he's just next door to you. And I've never had an issue with the shipping from his country. It's fairly quick considering how remote it is from the USA! :thumbsup:

Something I can add is that his handle ergonomics are AMAZING...he is able to contour the handles in all dimensions so that they feel great in almost every kind of grip. They are neutral enough in sizing that they fit any size hand very well! As a matter of fact, not a single person I've shared my blades with have said the handles were anything less than PERFECTION! :cool:

Pics or this post is worthless ;):p...
RFg7tJ9.jpg

e2BdcyM.jpg

2ULQc10.jpg

wnhaUrJ.jpg

4RKY1Yf.jpg

attention to detail, to make things work "just right!" :thumbsup:
UP1iJ8N.jpg

v0OpKmD.jpg

sbvVTzA.jpg

wonderfully shaped handles
JMeFzMn.jpg

4fGXRgM.jpg

...and tapered tang
33cJy87.jpg

handsome wrought iron S guard
TZttF7S.jpg

Last edited:
Got my paring knife and it is amazing! The handle melts into your hand and it came razor (shaved my face) sharp. The vintage micarta looks great and he didn’t charge an arm and a leg for the micarta like some do. Cannot recommend enough.

Daado Daado is the man. I have two of his knives (although one of them is misplaced at the moment and it's breaking my heart!) and they are both great knives. He's also an absolute pleasure to work with, and he really has a terrific understanding of how to make knives that CUT!!! His thin slicing knives are just wickedly efficient cutters.

Received a cleaver from Dalibor today. Helluva piece, another winner for certain. Great communication and well packed as always. An asset to the forum for certain.

Just wanted to add on that my 52100 paring knife that Dalibor made and that I use everyday has yet to develop a patina. I have another knife in 52100 made by another reputable BF maker that has developed a typical patina. Not sure what heat treat Dalibor is using but it is awesome! He made a carbon steel stainless

Back