Daggerr knives?

Never heard of them or seen one before. I imagine they are okay knives for the money, the Skull (?) cut out and clip look cheesy to me. I think if it had been just a normal clip and maybe an oval or half circle hole it would have looked better. Or even the rare instance of "go with a thumb stud". All in all kind of disappears as a "Vague Millie Clone" in the sea of ~60 dollar budget knives to me.

I'm not super into skulls on knives, but I'll give them credit for at least making the skull clip look cool (unlike that man-duck hybrid duck-billed abomination clip on the Chaves knives).

I'm trying to buy as many Russian knives as I can these days, and the knives are interesting looking enough that I may have to try one out.

I'm not super into skulls on knives, but I'll give them credit for at least making the skull clip look cool (unlike that man-duck hybrid duck-billed abomination clip on the Chaves knives).

I'm trying to buy as many Russian knives as I can these days, and the knives are interesting looking enough that I may have to try one out.
Yeah, i think i will probably replace the clip. Skull on the pocket is unneccessarily abrasive and attention grabbing.

Yeah, i think i will probably replace the clip. Skull on the pocket is unneccessarily abrasive and attention grabbing.
Whatever do you mean??

98tl.jpg

I have been following them on their instagram page for a while. But, I don't have any of their products. I'm not fond of the idea of ordering stuff from Russia. Too many scammers! These people seem kind legit though.

The knives seem like they're trying too hard, frankly. I might have been vaguely interested in the Pelican, but the Kemerson line in D2 would be what I would go to to scratch that itch. Those just seem to have better designs by a proven company with an excellent warranty.

I ordered one Friday night (I think it’s called the Resident) just to satisfy my curiosity. I like the blade shape/length, the ”spydie-ish” hole, and D2 is fine with me on a budget blade, so I guess I’ll find out if I wasted $50 on Tuesday. lol

They've been around for a while on Instagram with the Russian knife fans. They seem to like them.

I like the looks of the Urban 2, though fat chance getting one here in Canada.

I kinda like them in a tactidouche sort of way. That Keybar dagger would be super cool if I ever intended to by a Keybar. Seriously though, I could get behind some of the designs if the quality is there.

Some are available at BladeHq. No worries about scammers there.
The blade shape was interesting to me, the skull and somewhat mall ninja vibes were not.
Get rid of the skull and cut-out and give me a deep carry clip and I'll reconsider.

I'm not fond of the idea of ordering stuff from Russia. Too many scammers!
If you pay by credit card, let them worry about it for you. If there's a problem, dispute the charge and you'll get your money back. The same thing goes for Amazon. People worry about being scammed, but it's the credit card company taking the risk, not you.

I ordered a two-tone black Sting on Saturday. Some day when it comes in I'll update on it here.

So mine are in and I'm pretty impressed overall.

I'll start with the bad. Detents are way too strong. Its not as much a problem in the arrow as the pelican. It makes it difficult to wave open. On the other hand, when you get past that detent, they fly out as if assisted. Also, ugly clip.

Everything else is thoroughly impressive. Both handles are nice and solid, good fit and finish. The g-10 is the perfect amount of grippy, while the carbon fiber is plasticky laminate, but i could tell that from the pics online anyway, so im not upset.

Action is very smooth. Lock up is solid with not a bit of play and liners lock at about 50-60%.

That brings me to the blades. Holy crap, they knocked both outta the park!

The pelican is smoothly done, with the full blade thickness being preserved by the unique grind/blade design, despite the wave like cut out. Somehow it still feels nice and thin behind the edge and would cut an apple or other rigid materials without too much wedging. Sharp as can be.

The arrow is just a gorgeous blade IMO. Despite the dagger grind, it isnt too thick for edc use. I'm pretty excited to see how it does cutting different media.

Oh yeah, the front choil on the blades could be better. It doesnt fit my finger, so you cant choke up like you would on a spyderco with a 50/50 choil. I thought it would when i saw it.

Overall, i feel i got my money's worth. While not perfect, im very happy with these blades, especially at the price point. Finally, I always judge a brand by how it creates a unique product, and would say I think they have brought some fantastic blade designs and pulled them off particularly well.

Hope others like theirs as well. Interested to see other opinions.

242b0f1ff45f0b3169baf82ef558135c.jpg

Last edited:
Did you ever get yours? I was thinking about trying one.

I did, and it's pretty great for the price if you don't mind the mall-ninja styling cues. I'll post something about it later, with some pics. It's kind of a guilty pleasure for me, but I really like it. Fantastic action, if there was a flipper tab on the tang it would be a snappy flipper for sure.

b6AKTaU.jpg

Back