• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Daggers?

Razor

Gold Member
I am thinking about maybe starting a small collection of daggers. Maybe a blackhawk and a protech brend. Does anyone else like them?

Daggers are my soft spot. Don't know why, just really like the look of them.

I have several, all collectors, and always enjoy picking up a new one now again.

Kevin

I have a love of daggers but currently dont own one. i acquired a gerber gaurdian but gave it one of my army buddies with a homemade merc-harness

i then acquired a gerber mark-2 from dessert storm and i gave it to my best friend when i changed units.

At some point i get one and keep it :thumbup:

I like daggers:

Hill Knives commando dagger:
IMG_1047cropped.jpg

Medieval dagger (Made by Erik Markman):
IMG_1026cropped.jpg

Randall #2 5":
IMG_0622.jpg

Viking dagger (Made by Gert Van Den Elsen):
IMG_0764.jpg

Boker-Protech Brend Elite:
IMG_0313.jpg

Boker Applegate Fairbairn:
IMG_0310.jpg

Kind regards,

Jos

I really like daggers without a big ass guard, I am looking to get a Mountain Man Dagger from BRKT pretty soon!

I really like the dagger style, but I'm reluctant to invest in knives I can't carry.

Great Knives :thumbup:

Here's a teaser for taurn

Mountain Man Dagger in Desert Ironwood Burl
BRKT-MountainManDagger-8.jpg

Custom Amboynia Burl by Steven Vanderkolff
SteveVanderkoff-10inchAmboynaDag-2.jpg

Kevin

omg that is so beautiful.... Now I want one with nice handles..so many options!!!!!!

One of my favorite daggers; a Peter Bauchop custom "Witch" in D2 with black Micarta scales.

BauchopWitch02.jpg

BauchopWitch03.jpg

BauchopWitch06.jpg

Like them alot- have 2 Gerber Mark II's and a guardian, have some carbon steel pinoy made one's from service days in the Philippines.

Newbe Bai Lang here..

I perfer custom made daggers, Maybe for the fact that they are one of a kind and I have the only ONE. Production daggers are nice and work well, but If you are a collector why collect something every buddy esle can have. Custom pieces are like a piece of art. Every one can own a copy, But only one can own the oringinal.
Only my opinion, it may be bias because I make them, but hey, to each there own.

I perfer custom made daggers, Maybe for the fact that they are one of a kind and I have the only ONE. Production daggers are nice and work well, but If you are a collector why collect something every buddy esle can have. Custom pieces are like a piece of art. Every one can own a copy, But only one can own the oringinal.
Only my opinion, it may be bias because I make them, but hey, to each there own.

I like custom knives, and prefer them in many ways to production knives, but in all fairness, from a "collecting" point of view simply being rare and unique does not always equate to demand and value.

An easily recognizable model, style, or brand name is sometimes more important determining demand and desirability 30 years down the road.

Depends on why you collect. To have unique pieces, or in the hopes the item may some day increase in value because the 15 yr old kid that drooled over it but couldn't afford it then, is now 45 and willing to pay a premium to finally own one in mint condition.

Personally I try to support custom makers as much as possible, but sometimes those 1 to 5 year waits can be frustrating.

Kevin

Back