Damascus EDC, the start of a journey: Est. 2017 (w. Feb 2024 update).

What did you land the trout on?

very proud dad.

Gzc728C.jpg

eU062Eb.jpg

kMlX2B1.jpg

Well......I gotta put this knife back in the drawer as I’m starting to obsess over it, so it’s time for a change ;).

It’s been a great carry all summer long at work and play and around the house. No task it didn’t do. Definitely my most beloved user.

Last day on the job (for the knife, for now). Had to work the weekend. Will start Monday with something else in my pocket. Maybe a Spyderco for a bit :eek: :)

tnSvWPx.jpg

ukxwTL4.jpg

Qwz5S98.jpg

zwBNYrx.jpg

Last edited:
Me too! Kidcongo has inspired me as well. I also just picked up a raindrop Damascus for daily use. It's not easy to stick with one blade for long, but I'm going to do my best to earn some love marks on my Sebenza.

This thread inspired me to find a damascus 21 and carry and use it. Devin Thomas ladder pattern

View attachment 1419484

Me too! Kidcongo has inspired me as well. I also just picked up a raindrop Damascus for daily use. It's not easy to stick with one blade for long, but I'm going to do my best to earn some love marks on my Sebenza.

Glad you guys took the plunge. These knives definitely go through an “awkward stage”, when they just have one or two snail trials and some loss of the pattern around the thumbstud. After they get through that phase, they become things of beauty, in my opinion. The combination of love marks on both the blade and handle, combine into a visible history of time spent with the knife.

Getting poetic here, but it’s kinda how I feel about my own Damascus user. It’s the knife I own that shows the most aesthetic wear and tear, and as such is the most personal to me, if that makes sense.

Last edited:
I got a CN 31 coming a year from now but I'd really like to try a DT 21 user in the meantime. Torn between plain and the CGG with matching damascus pattern.

Get the CCG With matching blade, you won't regret it,
Definitely biased to that one. I love the way the transition from bright polished scale to dark damascus blade looks. And the CGG texture is right along where your fingers would be when gripping.

Back