• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Damascus Knives

Hey guys,
I was at a boat show today and there was a table with hundreds of Damascus knives. The guy told me he forged the knives himself but when I shook his hand they were as smooth as a babys' but. Bob Perogine of the HP Agency out of Elmsford N.Y. which is actually an insurance agency. Anyone ever heard of him? Knives look Pakistani.

I probably saw and spoke to the same guy in Saratoga Springs at a gun show. The knives I saw were definitely Pakistani.

Imagine that, someone using flashy Pakisteezy Damascus knives to bamboozle the public. What will they think of next?

They put so much work into pulling flexes on people and separating them from their loot. If they put that energy into something productive, they would be making more money than a lowly seller of inferior goods.

There is a guy that shows up at gun shows around here with damascus knives that I am convinced are Pakistani. It is disappointing that folks know so little about knives that he is able to stay in business

The most basic damascus typically sells for around $15.00 an inch.

An inexpensive "damascus" knife is most certainly garbage.

I've seen cheap damascus knives sold at gun shows in the Midwest both as Pakistani made knives and as custom knives made by the seller. Both guys have folders and fixed blades. The guy selling Pakistani-made knives looks Middle Eastern and has an accent. The faker who claims he makes them is a good-old-boy and has slightly higher prices and a better display. They all have really thick blades.

Back