Damascus Patterns

Been liking this stuff lately;

h3.jpg

Still like the mosaic stuff too;

screamdagger.jpg

Did somebody say "Explosion?"..here's a controlled explosion happened in the shop yesterday...

DSC01546.jpg

John

Did somebody say "Explosion?"..here's a controlled explosion happened in the shop yesterday...

DSC01546.jpg

John

:)If that all happened yesterday, whew!. :thumbup: More than a couple of welds in that beauty.

Thanks everybody. Keep them coming.

Gary

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I might respectfully suggest that if anyone has a photo of a great example of their favorite pattern that they post it along with their response so people like me can start identifying the pattern names with their actual appearance.

That's no hijack - that's an excellent idea.

Roger

Heres some hanson mosiac that I like. Its a little different then some of his other well known patterns

Don-Hanson-Walrus-new1-web.jpg

This isn't mine but the Grey Fox folder by Shmidt is my dream folder. This is some bold LADDER pattern that probably shimmers as you move it.

IMG_3276.jpg

More ladder pattern by Hancock

hancockfolder-small2.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't come close to picking just one. There have been several shown that blew me away. John's "explosion", Bruce's, DH III's, are all outrageously nice.

To name a few other favorites: Hoss's spirograph, Steve Dunn's feather, Owen Wood Herringbone, Shane Taylor's mosaics (especially the dragon and bat variety)....too many to list:D

What really draws me to various patterns is a lot of contrast or dramatic etch. Don't really prefer the colored damascus.

Peter

Harvey Dean Feather pattern:
K04187-DeanHarvey002.jpg

Jerry Fisk Dogstar Pattern:
FiskNLT3Ward.jpg

Jerry Fisk Wolf's Tooth w/X's over:
Fisk2007BladeShowBestBowie-1.jpg

Don Hanson, don't know what it's called:
HansonDagger2B.jpg

Gary just saw on Chuck's site what your finished meteorite blade looks like.you need to post it here also.Mike

For me, it totally depends on the knife.

The way Owen Wood does his multi-bar combined patterns has always appealed to me.

Here is a "basket weave" pattern

101_5860_edited.jpg

This is a "feather" pattern

101_5831_edited.jpg

This is "W" with a texas wind pattern pressed into it

ProfessionalHunterSeries004_edited.jpg

This is Indian Motorcycle Chain damascus

100_0569.jpg

Here is an accordian cut "W" pattern for the Newell Bowie

100_4735_edited.jpg

100_4743.jpg

101_5374_edited.jpg

That is some absolutely beautiful damascus, Bruce...well done...very well done. I gotta make the 1/2 hour drive your way and meet you sometime....sigh...

I've always had a soft spot for Spirograph:

YES indeed Larrin. One of my all time favorites. But I can't say i've EVER seen any Devin Thomas damascus I didn't like.

Peter

Back