• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Dan Huang aka LIUKANG is back

IMO, anyone here, who has the audacity to defend a scumbag like LK, is a scumbag by association. I honestly could care less, regarding LK, practices with Busse knives- it's this person's lack of humanity (the way he treats desperate people), that makes this guy one of the worst.

His supporter's, are always welcome to move over to that other forum. The Mod's/Spark, made the right call, banning this guy permanently! :thumbup:

Edit:
if you don't mind dealing with an unsavory human being that you can't trust freely why do research ? just proceed, it's your dime.
that gives you the right to do as you choose even if u do support the dude we call Liu Kang; and keep him in business. 1 + 1 = ...

^
:thumbup:
1+1= POS.

Last edited:
My sole interaction with Tun-Chun:

I sent him an email about the specs of a HG-55 he had listed on eBay, he IMMEDIATELY replied that I could have it for $100 less than listing if I sent him the funds via PP <Friends & Family> outside eBay, of course, and he attached his PP info.

I wasn't even remotely considering buying a knife from him because I had been educated by my brothers here & another forum about his tactics-- I just wanted some measurements & specs....

But seeing how he reacted like a shark when there's blood in the water....speaks volumes about this guy's character...and <gifting> him the money....seriously, does he think anyone would really do that?

BTW, he didn't give me any specs I requested...he's obviously not into "giving" anything without a price tag attached! Caveat Emptor x 1000!

I wasn't even remotely considering buying a knife from him...

Seems like a no-win situation. You engaged a seller without the intention of purchasing anything. Then you give negative feedback here about a transaction that was never made. The PayPal bit is against Ebay's and PayPal's terms of service, so in that regard at least there is an issue which could be addressed constructively. I bet if you asked again about the specs of the blade he would give them to you. I could name several top of the line makers that had to be asked twice about something and some that do not even routinely reply to questions.

it's this person's lack of humanity (the way he treats desperate people), that makes this guy one of the worst.

My understanding is that he made an offer to an individual that was subsequently rejected. IMHO, I may be going through tough times, but I don't expect business owners to act altruistically because of it. The situation that I am referring to was resolved to the seller's benefit. So why should LK be shown in a negative light for making an offer in line with his conservative business practices?

IMO, anyone here, who has the audacity to defend a scumbag like LK, is a scumbag by association.

I shudder to think of your opinion of criminal defense lawyers :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Seems like a no-win situation. You engaged a seller without the intention of purchasing anything. Then you give negative feedback here about a transaction that was never made. The PayPal bit is against Ebay's and PayPal's terms of service, so in that regard at least there is an issue which could be addressed constructively. I bet if you asked again about the specs of the blade he would give them to you. I could name several top of the line makers that had to be asked twice about something and some that do not even routinely reply to questions.

But, this is not true...a "seller" is much more than a mere medium of exchange of goods. Don't oversimplify the interplay. And there was an attempted "transaction" of information.

Are you implying it was beyond the pale for me to inquire about a listing on eBay, this Exchange or any other market, regardless of my intentions?

And as for negative feedback, that is how you interpreted it sir. If you read with comprehension, rather than bias, you'll see that I do not explicitly make any "negative" judgments. I would term it objective & informative.

Additionally, if you feel that any sharks were maligned by me having compared their inherent irresistible predatory instincts to Mr. Chun's actions, I apologize to all sharks, everywhere!

It is also a matter of conjecture how "constructive" any interaction with PayPal & Ebay would have been. I am of the opinion it is more "constructive" to share my experience in an open forum of my own choosing with friends of which I am reasonably acquainted with and have had numerous transactions with. Does that somehow insult your sensibilities?

I am not implying it was beyond the pale for you to inquire. Nor am I insulted in any way about your story. But it was a no-win for LK who did not stand to make a sale since it seems like you had already made up your mind about him before contacting him about an item. I do believe if you had a serious interest in the knife and communicated it to him, that he would correct his oversight and give you the specifications requested.

But, this is not true...a "seller" is much more than a mere medium of exchange of goods. Don't oversimplify the interplay. And there was an attempted "transaction" of information.

Are you implying it was beyond the pale for me to inquire about a listing on eBay, this Exchange or any other market, regardless of my intentions?

And as for negative feedback, that is how you interpreted it sir. If you read with comprehension, rather than bias, you'll see that I do not explicitly make any "negative" judgments. I would term it objective & informative.

Additionally, if you feel that any sharks were maligned by me having compared their inherent irresistible predatory instincts to Mr. Chun's actions, I apologize to all sharks, everywhere!

It is also a matter of conjecture how "constructive" any interaction with PayPal & Ebay would have been. I am of the opinion it is more "constructive" to share my experience in an open forum of my own choosing with friends of which I am reasonably acquainted with and have had numerous transactions with. Does that somehow insult your sensibilities?

Intelligent post, Petey2.1!

Sensibilities? :rolleyes: Unfortunately, some people are severely lacking, in core values.

FWIW- we've done numerous, top notch transactions, & you're without a doubt, one of thee classiest, most ethical member's, on this forum.

Nothing will change the fact that, Liu Kang, is a total scumbag x 1000.

Last edited:
I hate to say it; but I think I sold a knife to this guy and the deal worked out just fine.

If you work a price and he pays you and you ship it then it will. I sold one to him several years ago after he lowballed the crap out of me. I took the offer as I was in disparate need at the time. If I could go back I would not have done it.

He is the reason I got back on bladeforum. I have been gone for a while and was looking at the moabolo and contacted him and was going to trade with him but saw the light at the last minute and basically told him that it was way off.
His prices are to high and he is full of bs.
Years ago I think he was a member here and was always on.
I didn't realize he got a bad rep now.
If I would have know that I never would've even contacted him.

I hate to say it; but I think I sold a knife to this guy and the deal worked out just fine.

Same here, I sold a custom Hinderer to this guy and everything went fine. I do not use paypal so he sent me a Postal Money order and I sent out the knife. The guy asked for a lower price than what I was asking and I just flat out said no and don't waste my time trying to haggle me down. Straight up and forward.

This is in no way an endorsement of Dan being a great guy and all, I just didn't have a problem with him. He's a dealer, so he's always looking for a deal. After reading this thread again, I looked around at the Busse stuff for sale (and I gotta say, no offense intended, I just don't get it- they're like lawn mower blades) Dan found a niche market and sells it.

If this guy is burning people, folks should speak up. If you accepted a low ball offer- that's on you

I am not implying it was beyond the pale for you to inquire. Nor am I insulted in any way about your story. But it was a no-win for LK who did not stand to make a sale since it seems like you had already made up your mind about him before contacting him about an item. I do believe if you had a serious interest in the knife and communicated it to him, that he would correct his oversight and give you the specifications requested.
Erased to not receive infraction, the guy is horrible

Last edited:
There is a dealer on another forum named Liu Kang, selling Busse knives and such. Even has his own section. Is this the same Liukang here?

Well thanks for letting me know. I find it strange he hasn't been excommunicated given his rep around here. Must be more to the story than I know.

Well thanks for letting me know. I find it strange he hasn't been excommunicated given his rep around here. Must be more to the story than I know.

Some people tolerate his shenanigans, others don't. Consider yourself forewarned.

Back