Dan Keffeler Super Assassin

Infi-del

Gold Member
It's finally done. I'm really excited about this piece. Dan has poured all of his experience and experimentation into this blade and built it with the theme of my choice. I sent him silver dragon menuki and requested blue Ito over white Same. I've yet to actually get it in my hands as it's having a sheath made... but it's getting close.

414423445.jpg

414423446.jpg

414423444.jpg

Man, that is a looker! Fantastic execution in modern materials. What is your plans for sheath?

Just, awesome! Purposeful and refined, hard to beat his work (though that Tendick Ninjato you posted is close!).

Looking closely at the handle, I can see that he did a great job.
I like the shape of the core, and the thickness perfectly allows for the Same and ito to come up to level with the fuchi and kashira.
The wrapping looks perfect.
The Same looks really clean with nice placement of the emperor node.
For the blade, I prefer the more traditional plungeless profile with a habaki, but don't let me rain on this, I'm sure it is exactly what you want and will make ridiculous cuts!

It's finally done. I'm really excited about this piece. Dan has poured all of his experience and experimentation into this blade and built it with the theme of my choice. I sent him silver dragon menuki and requested blue Ito over white Same. I've yet to actually get it in my hands as it's having a sheath made... but it's getting close.

414423445.jpg

414423446.jpg

414423444.jpg

Now that is just beautiful !!!!!!

Thank you for sharing :)

Great piece from a great maker

huge congrats

I truly believe Dan took over what could be in the next step in Japanese styled blades from the late great Phill Hartsfield

Phil’s blades 30 years ago were so untraditional but performed so well that they got a unique reputation

traditionalist hated them users loved them

I did not see it mentioned, but is this a removable wrap/handle, or is the cord epoxied?

I did not see it mentioned, but is this a removable wrap/handle, or is the cord epoxied?

I assume you could remove the ito but I won't because it's expertly done. But the tsuka itself is terotuf and is permanently epoxied to the tang and pinned with titanium mekugi.

Back