Dangler attachment

BellaBlades

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Does anybody have an idea of where I can find something to attach to the sheath to have the option of dangling from a belt instead of attached tight with the current belt loops. If that makes any sense.
IMG_20180402_234201~2.jpg

I don't know the knife or sheath you are looking for a dangler for Bella but N NCprotector ... I have a couple Winklers and the Sagewood dangler fits perectly ... the medium is the one I got that fits my Winkler sheaths.

they may fit yours also BellaBlades BellaBlades ... if you measure the holes center to center where they would mount you can contact them and ask or if they fit the same as the danglers I have I can let you know.

JJ

Last edited:
Here is a link to a post that shows the dangler attachment on my Winkler knife and I can measure it if you let me know what will fit your sheath Bella ...

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/winkler-ii-belt-knife-ongoing-review.1545469/

Sagewood lists the fit as :

Small: 1.8" - 2.15"
Medium: 2.15" - 2.45"
And a Universal Adapter : This is a blank adapter without mounting holes. Line up your eyelet mounting holes, mark your holes and drill them out. Maximum mounting hole width (center to center of eyelets) is 2.875".

JJ

Last edited:
And the Winkler Hunting knife I have pictured in that post ... it was tight to draw or reinsert into the sheath ... if you scroll through the post you will see a second set of pictures showing where I added a rubber washer between the sheath to give it just a bit more room and it draws and inserts great now.

JJ

Last edited:
How good are you with kydex and such? @Nicholas Crawford put together a few simply carry options for my modified spec B&T. Basically just unbolt the current carry system and bolt on the dangler or a loop for horizontal carry. He did provide spacers for the dangler as well to create less interference between the knife handle and dangler plate. I'm strongly considering doing the same thing for a kydex sheath for my swamp rat ratweiler.

AKgvfCkl.jpg

yj7oYQal.jpg

K3Dyl2jl.jpg

I currently have a paracord setup until I figure out how to carry the ratweiler but depending on how the balance of the knife is set you can make this setup a quick dangler system. I learned this from a bushcraft video of different ways to carry a neck knife just using the neck chain to loop around various items (belts, bags, molle, etc).
0CYxPUfl.jpg

iCZgwLYl.jpg

yQdwuRil.jpg

Large and small danglers.
Small 8" OA, Large 10.5" OA.
Made to fit Buy Brown kydex.
Resized_20180406_180924.jpg Resized_20180406_180910.jpg

Whoa! Information overload.

Let me Read this in a bit. Thank you both for the help.

I'd recommend using a copper rivet as opposed to the ring, it makes a more solid base to draw the knife free from the sheath while still allowing it to swivel when you go to sit down;

Attach a piece of thick leather to the sheath, figure the best way to do that;

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

and the sheath will swivel like so, you can also put a belt loop on that first piece of leather if you need extra retention.

G2

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know if there is a thinner (as in width) kydex sheath for Winkler Belt Knife? I feel as if the leather sheath it came with is too wide and I would like to have something more compact. Thanks.

Here's a blurb from a forum member who does excellent work with a product that does what you want. I got one on my ESEE 4 to try out and love it. Going to put one on the GSO 4.7 sheath next.

"A few years ago I developed the "Universal Kydex Extension" as an accessory to lower the carry-height of knife sheaths on the hip so that the handle is not above the waist and poking users in the ribs or impeding the belt of a back-pack. Such accessories are common but I've not found one quite as versatile as this.

[video=youtube;COKvk-AcNzk]

The Universal Kydex Extension 2.0 is designed to mount to virtually ANY kydex or plastic sheath with holes spaced either 3/4" o.c. or 1.5" o.c. - this includes sheaths that come with various models from TOPS, Becker, Kabar, ESEE, Ontario, Survive!, Gerber, Boker, Buck, Bradford, Azwelke, Mashed Cat, Buy Brown, 710 Custom Design, and so on. The extension works on knife-models as small as the Survive! NeckerII or as large as the Busse FBM and beyond. No matter your knife model, if you have a sheath that you think might be able to accommodate this extension, you may find it well worth your while to try it out".

Back