1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dangler attachment

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by BellaBlades, Apr 2, 2018.

1. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013

Gary it is truly amazing work. I've been there done that with the rings and I do prefer this.

Easy to carry and allows plenty of comfort and freedom of movement but without the thing bouncing and swinging all over the place.

Your a fine craftsman and provide amazing service. IMG_20180502_170531~2.jpg

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  2. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 30, 2001
    That is an awesome rig now! Well done Gary!

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  3. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Thanks Dwayne, I had this Kershaw chopper from my friend Raj out west, sent ages ago, while the blade is a bit thick edged, I've been gradually working the edge down so it chops a lot better now. But the sheath it came with had a crazy looking hanging tab on one side that wasn't very comfortable way to carry the knife, so I would always just hand carry the sheath and drop it to the ground when I was using it, not very handy. So tonight I just came up with a way to add a swivel to the sheath, it didn't look like it was a candidate for that because the holes were just on the one side, but I thought if I wrapped the leather around onto itself, like a holster basically, that should work and it does. Here are some images that might give you guys and gals some ideas on carry for some of your larger knives.

I used some bubble wrap to get the initial layout I was looking for and then cut that out of the leather and fine tuned it once I had the one side anchored by the screws.

[​IMG]Swivel by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

the back side that rubs against the belt loop, I apply some mink oil that I got ages ago, makes it swivel much better than just leather on leather

I use the ball peen hammer end to dish out where the head of the copper rivet will go, so it will set flush to the surface, I use my leather mall to hammer the ball peen down into the leather, also when you hammer on leather you are compressing it which will aid in strengthening the area around the rivet.

Cut off and peen'd over the copper rivet

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

So now I can at least carry it and use it when I'm out on the property, and when I go to sit down, I can swivel the large knife out of the way, ;)
    G2

Cryptyc likes this.
  4. Higgs Particle steel

Higgs Particle steel

Jan 10, 2018
    This is Azwelke. I really like his attachments they are top notch.