Darrin Sanders Knife Pictures

Darrin Sanders

Knifemaker
I'll be posting pics of my work in this thread. If you have one of my knives and want to post a pic here then feel free to do so.

Here are mine. :)

Kitchen knife in S35VN 62.5 HRC

DSC_5339.JPG

Test knife in ZAPP A11 at 62.5 HRC

DSC_47111.JPG

Trailing Point in CPM 10V at 63 HRC

DSC_5114.JPG

Last edited:
The first ones is Ladder pattern Damasteel with Amber jigged bone. The 2nd one is miniature made from Ladder pattern stainless damascus from Devin Thomas and Mammoth Ivory. The 3rd one is A Bowie with CPM-3V & Maroon Linen Micarta. The 4th one is an EDC made from Damasteel and Desert Ironwood burl. The last one is a hidden tang with a hand rubbed CPM-S35VN blade, Brass fittings, Red Linen Micarta spacers, & Axis Stag handle.

Attachments

• Damasteel & Amber Stag Bone #1 (2).jpg
    Damasteel & Amber Stag Bone #1 (2).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 117
  • SS Damascus & Mammoth Ivory #2 (2).jpg
    SS Damascus & Mammoth Ivory #2 (2).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Maroon Linen & 3V Bowie #1 (2).jpg
    Maroon Linen & 3V Bowie #1 (2).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Jong Chen EDC #1 (2).jpg
    Jong Chen EDC #1 (2).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 116
  • Wayne Maxwell Trailing Point #2  (2).jpg
    Wayne Maxwell Trailing Point #2 (2).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 119
First one is my take on the old Sharpfinger pattern. I added about 1/2" to both the blade & handle. The steel is AEB-L and the handle is Desert Ironwood. The 2nd one is an A2 Bowie with mild steel fittings & Osage Orange handle. The 3rd pic is a set of Sharpfingers I made for WD Torque. The last one was also made for WD Torque and has a hand rubbed CPM-S35VN blade with a 416 SS guard & a Desert Ironwood handle. Its a copy of Jerry Fisk's Sendero and I wanna thank Mr. Fisk for graciously giving me the blessing to copy this awesome pattern.

Attachments

• AEB-L & Ironwood Sharpfinger #1 (2).jpg
    AEB-L & Ironwood Sharpfinger #1 (2).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 109
  • Hargett Bowie #1  (2).jpg
    Hargett Bowie #1 (2).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 147
  • Dozier Lester Sharpfingers  (2).jpg
    Dozier Lester Sharpfingers (2).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Dozier's Sendero #1 .jpg
    Dozier's Sendero #1 .jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 148
LOVE that Sendero, Darrin. You're right, Mr. Fisk's lines have truly become iconic. Have to admit, thought, I'm intrigued by that trailing point in 10V of Ankerson's...

Thanks for stopping by Matt. When held in the hand that Sendero just feels "right". Yeah, that trailing point is definitely a cutter.

...keep coming back to that trailing point, bud. Got me thinking...

440C, Stag, & 416 SS fittings with a coined Bronze spacer & domed pins. 400X hand rubbed blade & mortised handle construction. Blade is 6 1/8" long, 1.5" wide. & 5/32" thick at the Ricasso with a nice taper. Overall length is 10 3/4". Balances right at the guard/spacer junction and is quick and lively in the hand.

Attachments

• Gerald Massey Bowie #1  (2).jpg
    Gerald Massey Bowie #1 (2).jpg
    59 KB · Views: 32
  • Gerald Massey Bowie #2  (2).jpg
    Gerald Massey Bowie #2 (2).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 29
Nice pic Mr. Marks. I always enjoy seeing and knowing my knives are being used. Thanks for posting.

Back