Dart edc batch 1 update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asked which knife is whose, so I thought I'd post a list so you all can watch your particular knives take shape.

1. Hale Storm
2. David E
3. skywalker31
4. Mike157
5. myowngod
6. Salt
7. TheWook
8. monk3yfist
9. monk3yfist
10. supersum1
12. MrDrewBear
13. MrDrewBear
19. Belush2
20. Blade and Flame
21. Blade and Flame
22. painkilleraz
23. painkilleraz
27. KG4ULR
28. Renorattler
29. termite
30. KingMC
31. deadahead
32. Joe F.
33. Bryan G.

Don't forget guys, the badges are available now in the sticky thread. Feel free to download and insert into your signature line.

Well, no one can say I don't put my all into it. Sweat, tears, and now blood. You'd think it wouldn't have bled line that, but the cut was deeper than I initially thought. Wrapped it up and kept going. No stiches, but maybe should have.

0316150030.jpg

I've been asked which knife is whose, so I thought I'd post a list so you all can watch your particular knives take shape.

1. Hale Storm
2. David E
3. skywalker31
4. Mike157
5. myowngod
6. Salt
7. TheWook
8. monk3yfist
9. monk3yfist
10. supersum1
12. MrDrewBear
13. MrDrewBear
19. Belush2
20. Blade and Flame
21. Blade and Flame
22. painkilleraz
23. painkilleraz
27. KG4ULR
28. Renorattler
29. termite
30. KingMC
31. deadahead
32. Joe F.
33. Bryan G.

Don't forget guys, the badges are available now in the sticky thread. Feel free to download and insert into your signature line.

I thought 28 was mine, based on the blade shape. I was born on the 28th, coincidence?! I think not!

Spray bactine (sp) on it, that's what I do for everything lol. Didn't realize I'm the only one who got a sheep's foot

Didn't realize I'm the only one who got a sheep's foot

I thought, "no that can't be right, there's more than two there." But you are correct, I guess you were the only one who got a sheepsfoot. However, you did get two, so you were the only one.....twice?

If it makes you feel any better, I'm going to make myself one eventually too. I like the feel of the sheepsfoot in hand.

Got more done. I'm ready to start grinding this weekend. My hope is to get them completely ground in one sitting. You'll notice number 34 has the lanyard hole in a different place. That is for a guy on another forum and he convinced me six months ago to try it on his knife. It's a hidden lanyard hole that comes straight out the butt of the knife. If it works it might become a standard feature. It's going to be pretty cool if it works.

0319151518a.jpg

Got the spines marked for the ones that will have tapered tangs.

0319151526.jpg

0319151535a.jpg

0319151536.jpg

0319151537.jpg

0319151538.jpg

0319151545.jpg

My practice blade. It came out pretty well. The wood isn't even close to flat, so it looks bad, but you get the idea how much it's going to taper.

0319151546.jpg

0319151608a.jpg

0319151607.jpg

I only had about five minutes before I had to head back inside from the shop, so i didn't want to start grinding bevels since it's going to be a fairly involved and long process. I went ahead and profiled the Chunky Monkey prototype. Yeah, it's going to be great. I'll start a new thread on it in a little bit.

I think it's right at 0.040-0.050" at the butt, compared to 0.130" at the ricasso. Pretty significant taper, but less looked stupid and I think the heavy taper looks pretty dramatic. Combined with jimping it makes a plain knife look dead sexy.

I see you got my email. Sorry, I didn't realize it got stuck in drafts. I'm not sure how that happened. Regardless, that forum supporter badge looks good! 👍

If everything goes well, I'm going to try to grind the bevels on Sunday.

I'd like to get them sent out for heat treat early next week.

While they're gone, I will be profiling several different prototypes. Stay tuned for that!

Can't wait to see pics of the carbon fiber and red liners!!! Not that I'm biased or anything ....

Can't wait to see pics of the carbon fiber and red liners!!! Not that I'm biased or anything ....

Haha! That is going to be one of my favorites from this batch. One of the most challenging, but one of my favorites.

it's moving along, i still need to figure if I want some wood or just g10 for the scales. If my buddy gets into the police academy, I'm debating if he wants classy or tactical haha.

it's moving along, i still need to figure if I want some wood or just g10 for the scales. If my buddy gets into the police academy, I'm debating if he wants classy or tactical haha.

Maybe black g10 with blue g10 liners? "Thin blue line" reference and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back