Daughters first deer

IMG_5997.PNG IMG_5996.PNG

Just wanted to share. My daughter, 11, killed her first deer yesterday afternoon. We have been hunting pretty hard over the last week and she finally got a clean shot. Dropped in its tracks, 300blk at 80 yards. I dressed and skinned the deer with a knife I made last year.
IMG_5994.JPG

That's a big moment for anyone! I'm sure a lot of us here can recall their first deer, and most probably remember their Dad being alongside them. Congrats to you both. Now I have a craving for some venison burgers.

Congratulations to you and your daughter, making memories that will last a lifetime! Nice knife too, I like the patina.

A BIG congrats to your daughter and also to you for getting her out there and hopefully the beginning of a many memorable times out in the woods with dad! From the look on her face, she's thrilled and has every reason to be!:thumbsup: Congrats again!

Congrats to your daughter! And to you I'm sure theres a proud dad after posting that! Thanks for sharing it love to see these type posts.

View attachment 833074 View attachment 833073

Just wanted to share. My daughter, 11, killed her first deer yesterday afternoon. We have been hunting pretty hard over the last week and she finally got a clean shot. Dropped in its tracks, 300blk at 80 yards. I dressed and skinned the deer with a knife I made last year.
View attachment 833075
I'm late to the show on this one but congratulations to your daughter. I have a daughter about the same age and she took her hunter's safety course last year. Still haven't been able to get her out in the woods yet but I'm sure it will happen eventually. Its good to see kids out of the house and off of their electronic devices learning life skills.

Her shot was square in the front shoulder but I could see ZERO evidence of a wound when I walked up to it, I steeped on its neck and cut the throat with my Spyderco K2(Being her first deer and excited as she was the last thing I wanted was it jumping and running off). I saw the exit wound when I loaded it up on the bike and the entry once we skinned it.

Neck shot with a short barrel. Congratulations.

Back