David Martin - RIP

Hi folks, it's been awhile since I've been here on BF but I got some bad news this morning and figured I should pass along the word here, since from what I can tell my Uncle Dave was still fairly active on BF.

Thursday morning my Uncle, David Martin, at home in New Mexico, suffered a massive heart attack and passed away. The rest of us in the family were pretty stunned since he was in pretty good health and had only just retired from the Dept. of Agriculture a couple years ago. If any of y'all know his wife, Leesa, she is doing alright so far, one of their daughters and her husband are there with her and the other should be getting into town fairly soon as well.

If any of you had ever met Dave and his wife Leesa either at the Buck factory or at some of the Gun & Knife shows in New Mexico, you'd know he was somethin else, had a great passion for knives and Buck knives in particular, and was overall just a great guy to be around.

I really hate for this to be the way I jump back in here.. He's probably one of the main reasons I got into knives so many years ago. I hope I'm not intruding on any rules here at the forum, but I saw that he was a Mod over in Buck Knives and he would make fixed blades and folders as well, so I wasn't sure if there'd be anyone passing the word along here.

He was one of my favorite Uncles and he'll be sorely, sorely missed. But I'm also grateful and thankful he had a heart for the Lord and know that he's resting easy in Heaven with the rest of our family that's waiting for us to join them.

Best wishes to all of you, I know he loved the community we have here and it's a real loss that he won't be around anymore.

This is very sad news. David was a serious do it yourself guy. I always enjoyed his posts on hunting, dogs, sharpening, putting up firewood, raising animals, processing meat, going to knife shows, etc. He was generous with his knowledge and very welcoming to newcomers. He was a good moderator and a big contributor to B/F. Condolences to Leesa and family.

David, You will be missed. RIP
I hope you get thousand of acres of forest to chop and supply of dull knives to sharpen to keep you entertained in Heaven

Last edited:
From 110 Dave:
> Update I was contacted by Leesa - Dave’s wife
> She says thank you all for the kind thoughts and prayers! She feels like half of her is missing…
> She has asked me to let everyone know that please don’t ask on Dave’s collection as she is still in shock on loosing him. She will need time to sort her life out with out Dave …
> When she gets to the pont of being able to handle that she will let folks know of that.

Also saw that Dave's obituary has been posted, for anyone who'd like to read it:

Back