Dead mouse in heater vent

Our work truck has a dead mouse somewhere in the heater vent. It got in there in June and died. I tried to get it out but it's way back behind the dash somewhere, couldn't dislodge it with the leaf blower only got the nest and a bunch of crap out. It still stinks if your run the heat. Any ideas to cover up the stank.

Your gonna have to get it out, or else just deal with the smell until it’s dried up.

I had a rat die in the A/C. Took a lot of time and effort tearing everything out, cleaning, then reassembling.

I have a new hard rule about no food being left in the vehicles now.

Do you think it will dry up faster if I just run the heat full blast for a few hours? It was in there all summer it should be almost mummified at this point maybe it's dessicated enough to blow out now.

I'd give it another try. I am in the leave it dry up camp. But it would be real nice to get the carcass out of there as well as the nest.

Another good reason to run the engine on your vehicle at least monthly if you have one that is little used or just parked for a longish period of time.

Back