Deal Of The Day Update

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
I have to announce the following changes to my Deal Of The Day offerings.

When someone buys my Deal Of The Day with an email and then doesn't
send the payment and it ruins the sale and stops anyone
else from buying it. This is not fair treatment of the other forumites who
want to buy it.

So, if any of you order a Deal Of The Day, the payment needs to be made to
my PayPal account or via Visa, Mc card in one day, or I will have to offer the sale to the next person who emailed me that they wanted it.

If you buy a DOTD and are having some unexpected difficulty, contact me
immediately and we will see if we can work something out.

When I offer these special deals, the entire forum has an equal opportunity
to be the buyer and I want to keep that equal level of access open to everyone.
Thank you all

Someone always has to ruin a good thing :thumbdn:

I always liked the option of payin with a USPS money order myself

Fair enough!:thumbup:

I can understand if one has a sudden change of hearth after sharking a DOTD.
In the rush of the moment may be you didn't see everything about the piece you're playing for. Sent an email to Aunty, then posted in the tread.

AND then for whatever reason cooled off and didn't pay for it.
Have the deasency to post again in the tread, so others can have a chance too. Just say...that the piece is fair game again...we don't need explanations.

I have never played for a "taken" piece.(but once due to mistake)
Aunty has enough work as it is.

Wow, how common has this become? Personally, I never send money until I hear back from Yangdu that the DOTD I want is still available, just to save the hassle of trying to issue a refund. And IIRC, paypal often charges commission fees on payments that are refunded, which means Yangdu could end up paying out of pocket just to give the money back, if I jump the gun with paying. But someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Wow, how common has this become? Personally, I never send money until I hear back from Yangdu that the DOTD I want is still available, just to save the hassle of trying to issue a refund. And IIRC, paypal often charges commission fees on payments that are refunded, which means Yangdu could end up paying out of pocket just to give the money back, if I jump the gun with paying. But someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you're right about PP.
I too wait for her confirmation, usually within half an hour. Then I pay and she confirms the payment.

I believe the issue is people sending the e-mail saying they want something and then not following through when auntie e-mails them back to tell them she will send the item and how much the shipping is.

Yes - the issue is people not paying for things they shark, not that they're paying prior to Aunty Yangdu's confirmation.

Also, I 100% agree with the decision. First come first serve is only fair and Auntie is even giving a full day to get it sorted out. My only question is how this works for people who intend to pay via Money Order? I personally pay with PP, but I'm curious how this is going to work out :confused:

Once you sent eamil on knife you want then you can send payment via credit card, Paypal, money order or check.

I personally prefer not to give PayPal or the CreditCard companies 3 to 4% for work they did not do. Having said that from a business standpoint I thoroughly understand the problem of deadbeat "payees." There is a current thread in the Help section here http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770323 so its not an HI issue exclusively:mad:
Yangdu, personally I'm going to add 4% on any DOTD's I grab to cover the Kami's loss to the CreditCard companies & PayPal. And I won't take "no" for an answer! Whether you chose to or chose not to apply this rule on a case by case basis is your decision. Personally I don't think you need the extra work on that score.
I'm going to miss filling out personal checks to you in that hen-scratch I call handwriting:p

2 posts were made covering what I wrote while I was drafting this one but I'm letting it stand!

I like paypal. Unless there's a charge I always use it. Fast easy and has been safe for me. If theres a charge I like my Visa safe and fast also. IME it's alot harder to recover from a lost/stolen MO or check. I guarantee if I can catch a DOTD My payment would be instant on conformation of winning :)

if someone ROUTINELY says "i'll take it" and then doesn't pay, perhaps their names should be blasted for shame ;) i mean, it just ruins it for everyone...

there IS the '''FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly! ''' sub-form to consider.

heck, if they kept doing it, one could just ignore their emails as a time saving measure ;)

summary: don't waste Auntie Yangdu's time or she'll send a Yeti for you! :) might take a while, airfare for a Yeti is serious.

bladite

if someone ROUTINELY says "i'll take it" and then doesn't pay, perhaps their names should be blasted for shame ;) i mean, it just ruins it for everyone...

there IS the '''FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly! ''' sub-form to consider.

heck, if they kept doing it, one could just ignore their emails as a time saving measure ;)

summary: don't waste Auntie Yangdu's time or she'll send a Yeti for you! :) might take a while, airfare for a Yeti is serious.

bladite

Could just go by posting here instead of email if they want an item (wins go by who posts first on particular item) then do purchase by email.That way everyone will know who backs out plus would stop stealth sharking as its publicized who posted for said item ;)

edit* Also it may be easier on Yangdu as she wouldnt have to respond by Email to people who didnt get the win she could just post on here the winners of the DOTD

Last edited:
Scubie67 as you edited your post so can the idiots. Yangdu would have to quote and reply to the original post to "have a record" of their post before they had a chance to "edit it". Sounds good but its actually more work. Add to that I can see instances where maybe I or somebody else doesn't want that public of a record of their purchases. That and Yangdu doesn't have to be logged on here to handle the sales communication.

Scubie67 as you edited your post so can the idiots. Yangdu would have to quote and reply to the original post to "have a record" of their post before they had a chance to "edit it". Sounds good but its actually more work. Add to that I can see instances where maybe I or somebody else doesn't want that public of a record of their purchases. That and Yangdu doesn't have to be logged on here to handle the sales communication.

Well edits could be automatical disqualification if needed..You cant edit your Email after you send it so you have to be sure on that to but people manage to be sure on that before they press "send". You dont post your CC data or address ...just for example "Ill take the m43 for $100" .

I also thought most people are suppose to post a complimentary post on the thread of what they sent an email bid on anyways so that sounds kinda moot to me

Scubie67 yours is a good idea. As its stands it looks like Yangdu only wants "email" confirmation/documentation confirming payment method and total sale amount (plus shipping) within a reasonable amount of time. It will probably work well with how she has been doing it so far and it sounds like she put some thought into her solution.
I have and had no problem with paying stealth sharks I think it makes the game interesting. But these boards are public and there may be people to whom I or others don't want to know what we are purchasing. There are a few miffed ex-spouses running around here cyberstalking their former partners for instance. Ain't cases where the child support check bounced either. And then there's NBDBBM (No Bodys Darn Business But Mine)

Back