Deal Of The Day Update

killa, you and I may have to agree to disagree about posting a (email sent) once you've sent emailed for the DOTD. I don't personally do this but there are a few reliable sharks that never post "got its." I'd hate to make Yangdu set rules of etiquette for the game we (collectively) have going here. I think it might take the good natured fun out of it:p

I would like to add this if you have the time to jump on a DOTD make time immediately following to
2) Wait for confirmation + the shipping quote
3) Pay for the item
3a) Send Yangdu confirmation of the payment if it isn't PayPal or Credit Card

Yeah, now that shipping isn't included I definitely wait for the confirmation + total bill.

It really isn't that hard, and it's just shameful that people have taken advantage of her like this.

Warty, this isn't aimed at you, since I believe that you understood it to really be OK with her to do as you had been doing.

But there have been dirtbags that said they wanted something and didn't pay. I remember she used to be able to trust people enough that she'd send out the item before receiving payment (usually payment by mail).. I think that all ended when some scummer had her send a very nice, decorative katana to an address that wasn't really theirs, and they basically stole it -- never sent payment. Fortunately, she finally did get it back.

When people take advantage the rest of us lose a bit of that "family" feeling because, in the end, this is how she makes a living, and she can't afford to have people messing with her like that.

It is all good and I think things have all been worked out.

In any case, I believe it best that I pay as I go from now on just to avoid confusion.
Never did I not pay for something but I don't want to burden anyone.
I live on a very short leash, shorter than many of you assume, so I understand and have no wish to make things harder.

I'm guessing that the "stealth sharks" are "guests" who are not registered with BladeForums but can still read the DOTD posts and send emails to Yangdu. The "guests" are not allowed to make posts that they are trying to get (or actually got) a specific DOTD, unless they register first (which can be done for free). At this moment, for example, the HI forum has 24 "Currently Active Users" which includes 16 members and 8 guests.

Yesterday I successfully sharked my first DOTD, total luck with no refreshing of the page, and I noticed that there was only one other user viewing the DOTD thread at the time (the user names will be listed at the bottom of the thread). I was too excited that I didn't pay attention to who the other viewer was at the time, or even whether it was a member or a guest.

Steve, congrats...also made my first 'shark' purchase yesterday through an error with someone else's order (been cruising during my off days last weekend with nothing posted). Damned amazing how fast everything went.

Steve Tall, we generally consider "stealth sharking" to be when you email Yangdu for the item but don't post that you sent an email. Letting other people know so they don't inundate Yangdu's inbox requesting the same item. Could be registered or unregistered users or users that are not logged in. Could also be they don't want the whole world to know they just bought something big and sharp:D
cop911 if you think the "whole thing was fast" wait till it hits your mail box. Yangdu times these so she can get them out the same day via priority mail. We joke about her having a Stargate in the shed out back:p

I can believe the speed thing, spent a bit of time on line today and so far nothing going on. But yesterday was just unreal, emailed Yangdu and posted within eight minutes and still only got one through luck...but i dig sharp and pointy things (probably explains the three file drawers of knives sitting and staring at each other).

I'm not going to quote the earlier poster, but as someone who believes what he says should be taken at it's face value, then I would urge everyone not to say "I'll take it" unless 1) they are absolutely certain they are going to take it if it is available, and 2) they are financially capable of either paying or having payment on the way within 24 hours.

This "I'll take it" and then "Oh well, I changed my mind" or "the cat died", or "I didn't realize I can't pay because I'm broke.", doesn't cut it for me. Either your word is good, or it ain't. Don't say it unless you mean it.

Please consider adding $5 to your payment total to help build (and replenish) the Kami Medical Emergency Fund. Thanks!

Anybody know if you can "gift" a PayPal payment so Yangdu can avoid some of the fee's? I see no reason to limit this to when you make purchases.

you can but excessive gifts can cause a person trouble with PP.
Ask me how I know... :mad:

They really get angry when you try to cheat them out of their pound of flesh. :p

Setup a separate PP account for "charity"? Probably not going to work with their "business model":rolleyes: I don't have an account with them, for receiving funds because I fear them freezing assets. For International transactions PP is probably the best way to go.

They don't like Gifts period. Gifts and Raffles are bad words when doing Paypal.

Gifting is to be used sparingly. It is best to simply let this drop.

To set it up as a charity would require Yangdu to prove non-profit status and a lot of paper work that I am sure she has no time to do.

BTW, a PP account will receive money as well as send it, there is no way to separate the two transactions.
If I send you money, you will receive it. All you can do then is refund me. A sending account can be frozen too.

Warty & Gatogordo, checks are alive and kicking in my house. Lets just say I have an interesting arrangement with my PayPal account I only use it to make corporate purchases on Fleabay. PayPal is a service so it is "their" money but I'd rather drop $.44 on a stamp and let them keep their 3% of nothing:thumbup:

Back