Deals for 1/23 --Pix, Giant Chitilangi Bowie, Thamar Samsher and Great Buys

Only one blem yesterday, didn't get an email from auntie saying yay or nay.

I guess these might be prototypes, so in short supply. Haven't seen many of the newer styles from Purna or Thamar.

Surely you will get one one of these days :).

It looks a lot like my dui chirra minus the dui chirra which is why I liked it. Hoping I'll see another one of the thamar or purna light dui chirras agian. Making money off my axes translates to Gurkha Martini Henry rifle or khukuri, still not decided.

-Edit-
Giddy as a school girl, auntie thinks she might have another in stock, she's checking to be sure!

Well, there weren't any in stock, but Auntie said Thamar is making more so now it's a waiting game.

Last edited:
It looks a lot like my dui chirra minus the dui chirra which is why I liked it. Hoping I'll see another one of the thamar or purna light dui chirras agian. Making money off my axes translates to Gurkha Martini Henry rifle or khukuri, still not decided.

-Edit-
Giddy as a school girl, auntie thinks she might have another in stock, she's checking to be sure!

Well I'd be glad to see you get one right now.

None left, but hey, that's half the fun eh? Glad you got it where you won't be here in the states for a wicked long time.

Sorry, man, I appreciate it.

I've also followed my heart / eyes (?), the last thing I needed was an even bigger one, after poking around for even smaller ones than what I have. My brain would've chosen the Kobra. I also went over the budget I had for the next knife. I was just so interested in a more traditionally looking (and weighing one), I almost grabbed one from AC, but seeing the beauty that popped up yesterday, I said today another one may pop up; had to have it.

Yeah, good thing there's a geographical limit in play here, saves my a$$ :).

I told myself I'd never need anything over my 15.5" KLVUK. That turned into a 16" Gopte, then a 16.5" Gopte, then a 17.5" Dui Chirra, then a 18" m43. might need to get a 19" longleaf next.

I told myself I'd never need anything over my 15.5" KLVUK. That turned into a 16" Gopte, then a 16.5" Gopte, then a 17.5" Dui Chirra, then a 18" m43. might need to get a 19" longleaf next.

Sounds 'bout alright! :)

A Gopte was next on my list (towards the smaller end)...admired yours...read your review, and said I need one for EDC...see what I've got instead. Crazy!

OD'd my Gopte today, I'll OC my Dui Chirra w/ MMB tomorrow I think, meeting up with a fellow to sell a few axe heads (read, khukuri funds).

Last edited:
Waiting til I have a few more models and k think I'll do a YouTube series on my HI blades. Looking for some of the less typical models that aren't reviewed as much.

Congrats to Moonw. The Samsher looks very nice and closer to the 19th century khurkuris. Too bad I missed them. :(

I know that exact situation. One is never enough :D

None left, but hey, that's half the fun eh? Glad you got it where you won't be here in the states for a wicked long time.
Man I missed all the fun today I guess. Sorry ya missed that one Darth but grats to Moon! I guess she did have another. Im curious as well how close they are to Thamars Yek and Dui Chirras. Looks like it may even have a bit more drop. That GCB sure is nice! Guess its still there?

Congrats to Moonw. The Samsher looks very nice and closer to the 19th century khurkuris. Too bad I missed them. :(

I guess there will be more of these in the weeks / months to come, so plenty of time to grab one, along with the Yek and Dui Chirras; thank you.

Man I missed all the fun today I guess. Sorry ya missed that one Darth but grats to Moon! I guess she did have another. Im curious as well how close they are to Thamars Yek and Dui Chirras. Looks like it may even have a bit more drop. That GCB sure is nice! Guess its still there?

Thank you. All those blades are really something, aren't they?

I'd say more drop myself.

Thanks to you (seriously thank you!) I just bought a long leaf blade from Atlanta cutlery to restore and re handle!

Very cool blades! Post some pics when you get it. Ill help you decode the inscriptions. I was planning on getting another myself until that Shamsher popped up. Ill have to wait till the mail clears out now. I got the last Bhakta micro AKB in the mail today also:rolleyes:

Not sure if it'll have inscriptions, sounds like there aren't many of them left. I'll probably use or, simply because it's my nature. Plan on making a wooden scabbard for it, making my own handle and bolster once I find some bolster specs. Thinking 3/8" is thick enough? Going to make a slightly curved handle too where it's a shorter tang.

Back