Deals for 1/7 -- Pix, Falcata, Everest Katana , Kobra and great buys

That Kobra would fit nicely with my 25" Siru and Chitlangi I think. Sure a beauty. Timing just isn't right but maybe I'll just pull the stem out on my 32 dollar Timex and reset the time?

Something tells me you dont have a Kobra;) Better do what she says cul. She knows how to use a scalpel.

I have a kobra, just not a 25", I want a GS in 25" too. Yea, the scalpal skill scares me a bit into thinking straight.

That Kobra would fit nicely with my 25" Siru and Chitlangi I think. Sure a beauty. Timing just isn't right but maybe I'll just pull the stem out on my 32 dollar Timex and reset the time?

If I could reset time, my wallet would really be in trouble.

Besides, I need to be good, I just bought over $500 in new dress shoes (granted, haven't bought any in about 15 years), a new ST Dupont lighter (I got an earful for that one), and a new Citizen A/T Perpetual Watch (I really don't need another watch, but I love watches). She really didn't hang me, so I should be thankful. My vices are HI knives, nice lighters, and watches. Wife says I have expensive hobbies, I keep telling her, my hobbies are nowhere near her jewelry collection, of course, that falls on deaf ears...lol

Last edited:
I'm pretty easy on shoes myself. They last near forever, can't put my finger on it.

I've tried to not be into time and not wear a watch but it doesn't work for me, I gotta have a watch. I'm fine with cheap ones though, most are way to big and thick for my taste and daintly little wrist.

I bought a really nice digital does a million different things a couple years ago. Instruction little book must have been half an inch thick. Come time to reset for day light savings or something and I couldn't figure out how to do it. Gave it to my kid.
I got enough complications in my life without trying to figure out technology to tell me what time it is.

I mean if you had a watch you'd know it be night time and night time ain't no time to be in this here neighborhood ya know?

I'm pretty easy on shoes myself. They last near forever, can't put my finger on it.

I've tried to not be into time and not wear a watch but it doesn't work for me, I gotta have a watch. I'm fine with cheap ones though, most are way to big and thick for my taste and daintly little wrist.

I bought a really nice digital does a million different things a couple years ago. Instruction little book must have been half an inch thick. Come time to reset for day light savings or something and I couldn't figure out how to do it. Gave it to my kid.
I got enough complications in my life without trying to figure out technology to tell me what time it is.

I mean if you had a watch you'd know it be night time and night time ain't no time to be in this here neighborhood ya know?

I'm weird, but y'all have prolly figured that out already. I can't stand the weight or confinement of a wrist watch what so ever. The only thing I wear on my wrist is a light, loose fitting elephant hair bracelet. As for watches, I only carry pocket watches. I gotta be careful, as the wife doesn't generally check pockets, a few have needed repairs after a good washing and tumble dry.

I'm weird, but y'all have prolly figured that out already. I can't stand the weight or confinement of a wrist watch what so ever. The only thing I wear on my wrist is a light, loose fitting elephant hair bracelet. As for watches, I only carry pocket watches. I gotta be careful, as the wife doesn't generally check pockets, a few have needed repairs after a good washing and tumble dry.

I resisted a wristwatch for the longest time until I was pretty much required to wear one. I went and got a G-Shock Mudband. The cheap Walmart watches I'd tried literally all broke within a day, so I went for something durable, but I didn't want the huge bulk of most G-Shock models. I resisted in part for the same reasons you don't like wristwatches, and because when I was younger I played violin and viola, and things like rings, wristwatches and such get in the way.

EMS for 26 inch 58 ounce Falcata by Kumar. If its still available.

Done Deal

Last edited:
Yes it did. I was not going for this, because i wanted the same 36" katana that you scored from this DOD. So i have to compensate for that. :cocksure:

Yes it did. I was not going for this, because i wanted the same 36" katana that you scored from this DOD. So i have to compensate for that. :cocksure:
Ah! Grats Ballistol! You wont be disappointed! Man that blade is bad to the bone! Like the Chitlangi Bowie you just have to put one in your hands and feel the feel! Im tempted to send mine to Bookie for a while and I betcha he'd have one soon as he could get his hands on one. Kumar knows what hes doing! Glad you nabbed it sir! Pics when you get it. Im already planning a chopping session. I have a bunch of cardboard tubes that need sectioning. Video may be in order:D

Just measured and weighed mine:
22" and 38.8oz

WOW! Yours is even larger at 26" and 58oz.
That should be an awesome sword! Cant wait to hear your first impression:thumbup:

Last edited:
Ah! Grats Ballistol! You wont be disappointed! Man that blade is bad to the bone! Like the Chitlangi Bowie you just have to put one in your hands and feel the feel! Im tempted to send mine to Bookie for a while and I betcha he'd have one soon as he could get his hands on one. Kumar knows what hes doing! Glad you nabbed it sir! Pics when you get it. Im already planning a chopping session. I have a bunch of cardboard tubes that need sectioning. Video may be in order:D

22" and 38.8oz

That should be an awesome sword! Cant wait to hear your first impression:thumbup:

I got the first falcata that was posted, and it's 22 5/8" and 41.3 ounces, so it's a lot closer to NDog's than to this last even larger one!

SOMEONE BUY THE KOBRA ALREADY!!!...... self restraint getting weaker, much much weaker by the minute!

The Kobra is long gone and no more on hand. I already gave in and asked myself.

There will be more, we can console ourselves in that thought. That was a nice one.

Thanks for that.... I was sweating bullets and shaking and checking for the SOLD in red every 10 minutes or so...

I'm a weak weak man.... I should not be subjected to temptations like that!

I feel your pain, sometimes it can just be overwhelming. Often time due to her over work and lack of time they never get marked sold, this can be painful as well.

We'll be ok, deep cleansing breaths and know that another will one day come along.

22" and 38.8oz

'Twas the first time I ever considered taking all. However, I already have a special order Falcata and thought it best to spread the wealth around. Anyone thinking missing out is a bad thing should consider a possible special order if Auntie can accommodate such. I've done so near a dozen times and the turn around times have been much shorter than expected and the pricing righteous. Apparently Aunties quest is to make everyone happy all the time. According to MoonW, I must be the ultimate "fanboy"! Frankly, I don't give a hoot. My allegiance is with Auntie and HI in general. No others.

Last edited:
Glad the ugly man man found a home. That blade had personality with an odd attraction, I'm usually turned off by embellishments. Was just a bit bigger than feel comfortable for my first HI.

Last edited:
Glad the ugly man man found a home. That blade had personality with an odd attraction, I'm usually turned off by embellishments. Was just a bit bigger than feel comfortable for my first HI.
Welcome to the forum joeraz! Hang in there man! Youll find something shortly. Guess you mean the falcata? I thought the same but once you put one in your hands you will see they are all business.

Thanks for the welcome! Yes meant the Kukri, I've always been drawn to mistfits and underdogs. The Falcata is absolutely gorgeous and quite unique, however I'll be looking for something slightly more "discrete" that won't send women & children screaming when it flashes in camp (although that's half the fun??? ; ) I'm patient, the right one will find me.

Back