Deals for 1/7 -- Pix, Falcata, Everest Katana , Kobra and great buys

I'm pretty sure Yangdu has several more of those Ugly Man knives on hand. They feel quite nice in hand which looking at them I found surprising somewhat.

I think the balance knife is both highly under rated and un-noticed by most. They are most certainly underpriced. I bought the first for $25 on a DOTD needing some minor cosmetic work that was easy, cheap and fun entertainment over a weekend. The other was another DOTD and a supposed blem, I've yet to find any faults. Auntie must have microscopic vision. They are a great workhorse giving any KLVUK a run for the money, at least the way I use a Khukri. Besides some of the not so handsome handles, they are very comfortable in the grip. I believe our friend Bawanna has espoused their virtues at least similarly in the past. A great bang for the buck IMHO.

CF, I'm with you 100% although, I'm rather biased since I'm the one who purchased it. I must say, I haven't evened viewed many so, I'm certainly not a connoisseur however, this particular one seems to have some very lovely lines. I'm glad I jumped on it when I could. ;^ )

The 26" Falcata arrived today.It's a heavy piece i must say. Nothing i want to swing for a long time i think. 58 ounce is pretty much. The ideal thing would be to ask for a custom made. So it would be a bit lighter & more slim and tapered. Anyway, here are some pics of the giant mutant slayer death blade. :)

26" Falcata VS 17" Thamar Tin Chirra.

My new Neck Knife

Last edited:
You could edc that thing as a neck knife definitely. Although it might be more conspicuous with an umbrella attachment.

Nice neck knife. Maybe a reinforced collar is in order. That definitely works for me. I like it.

Brilliant, maybe he could use it as a back brace? Kind of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Falcata?

Call the patent office, ya just might be onto something.

:eek: Watch them family jewels will ya! Thats a great looking piece for sure. Grats man! They do feel powerful dont they?

:eek: Watch them family jewels will ya! Thats a great looking piece for sure. Grats man! They do feel powerful dont they?

Yes indeed! But I'm not strong enough to handle the weight. Have to use both hands, otherwise i feel pretty much discomfort in my wrist. But it feels a little bit less if a hold my hand near the front to the pointy thing. Maybe is a Falcata meant to be used by two hands? I don't know. Otherwise, a Falcata with a spine thickness like my Thamar Tin Chirra would probably be perfect for me, if it meant to be used with one hand. But it doesn't matter so much. This will be a showpiece anyway so....

Dammit! This night i was playing with my Falcata. I was holding it and waged it in the air. I have done that since i got it. My wrists and forearm has build up some strength, so it´s easier to handle the Falcata now. When i was going to put it down, i saw a crack in the handle. Just where the rivets are. The same thing on the other side. But the crack there is so tiny so it can barely be seen. But if i use my finger, i can feel that something is there. Hope not it will be worse there to.

I don't know what to do. The crack can be seen. But it´s a bit to small to put some glue in i think. What do you say guys. Do you think that the rivets will keep it solid. Or will it get worse over time?

WP_20160201_20_08_32_Pro_zpsqtnnre5u.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
That's a definite weak spot in the handle arrangement with the grain running parallel to the blade.

It would be easy to just make some new handles for it. I would probably blind pin it so the rivets don't go all the way through.

Using a laminate type of wood or micarta or something with less grain would help prevent it from happening again.

I suspect the wood is la ha'd to the metal, the large part of the handle will probably be fine for ever, the small piece on the hook might eventually fall off. Shouldn't be a safety issue but a cosmetic nightmare.

Ballistol:

The crack in the wood was probably caused by the steel tang flexing just a little when you swung the heavy blade. Also possibly due to expansion and contraction of the steel due to temperature changes. I wonder if there is a big temperature differential from indoors to outdoors, given that you're in Sweden.

It looks to me that you could get some superglue into that crack. Capillary action and gravity will draw it in, and it will probably take several applications to fill the crack. When done, sand off any excess. The crack will be barely noticeable.

Since this is not going to be a "user" due to the weight, and since it is full-tang, you don't have to worry about weakness in the handle. I doubt that even the short piece on the end will ever come off.

I've also had a problem with the weight of this model. The Falcatas are beautiful, but I would need a two-handed grip for anything 3 lbs or higher. I'd like to see lighter weight Falcatas, or a model with the Falcata type blade and guard but a handle shape that supports a two-handed grip. Maybe a longer, slightly down-curved handle with a downswept end that doesn't get in the way of a two-handed grip. I suppose it wouldn't be a Falcata without the umbrella handle, but it would be a great blade.

I have never used it outdoors so the temperature is not the problem i think. More the heaviness of the blade as u say. And maybe the grain structure that Bawanna mentioned. I guess that it must be a lot more stress on the bent part of the wood. Than on the straight part of the handle.

yes a slightly less heavy Falcata would be nice. As long as it not to light. And the handle should be just more a bit longer, so it can be possible to use a two handed grip. As now, i have to put my second hand over the grip hand. And that's not optimal due to the heavy blade. But i will continue to just hold it. or flex my wrist like i weight traning. To gain some more strength in my forearms an wrists.

Swinging a falcata is a chore at times. I can do it, but I certainly wouldn't be the picture of finesse;) It's a offensive attack blade for sure. I keep mine by the bed. If you go bump in the night, you'll be lucky if you get shot first. I know I wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of a half asleep maniac in his skivvies as he came buzz sawing down the stairs with that big ol monster sword; )

Skivvies? I weren't issued none. That's scary in itself now that I ponder it a bit.

Back