$45 *SOLD*

16'' 18 oz
$45

yMxjazb.jpg

YbY5PBq.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get one all
First come first served

Last edited:
Grab em up dudes! Im loving my two tone #203! Im taking her out to the Bayou tomorrow...er.guess thats today now. Sure am loving that contrasting Himalayan Red Rhododendron! Sure would love to have a bunch of that stuff around the shop! Never ending quality from Keshar Lal:thumbsup:

It's from the forging process. It's very tough and hard. Some prefer to remove it and that's not difficult to do with a little vinegar wrapped paper towel.

I kind of like it myself although I did remove it on one and that was ok too.

Scale off 2.jpg Here is one done with the scale taken off. Used apple cider vinegar

Last edited:
Here is one done with the scale taken off.

It looks like everything was taken off. :)

When I first sent this cul's posting had no picture. Now that there's a picture, my joke has no point (unlike the khukuri). So .... never mind!

Last edited:
Thanks for advice about vinegar. Pretty sure I'll remove the black but we'll see when it gets here.

"Sonofagun, did you have big fun
On the Bayou?"
Sorry ndog, couldn't resist! ;-)
Yes I did! Thank you sir! I had way too much fun. We were up to 3am last night flint knapping and just got home a while ago. More later. Im plumb beat! I brought my girl dog with me too and she had lots of fun. More cajun food than I could eat:confused::thumbsup:

Got my blade in. The black really doesn't look that bad in person. Actually I like it. In the pics on the original post it looked kind of like paint but just forging in person so I will probably just let it wear with use. It's hard to tell in the pics but the handle is a lot bigger than the HI's that I have. I don't know if it's just this model or if HI has changed the size of their handle but all of mine have much smaller handles. I know years ago some complained about small handles but having small hands it wasn't ever an issue with me. I have quite a few but haven't bought one since back when Uncle Bill, Rusty, Ysva, etc were still around. The blade and knife as a whole looks a lot bigger as well although that's hard to tell in the pics as well. I knew that I would have to do a little cosmetic work but I am a little concerned about the handle. Looks like when they were carving it they went a little too deep. It wouldn't concern me too much except that it seems to be hollow underneath and I had one years ago where the handle collapsed. I think that I am going to try and force some epoxy down in there before working on the handle. I really prefer these rustic blades over the polished ones. Edge is different too. A lot sharper than they used to come but doesn't seem as convex and the grind is higher. Seems like the bolsters have gone back to more traditional as well unless it's just because this is kind of a village model. Can't wait to try it out this weekend and compare. I would really like to have one that's a few oz's lighter so I'm going to be watching for the deals.

You can kind of see the difference in handle size.

20181029_213309-3.jpg

Here's one of my old AK's. It was a special deal lighter weight one that I got a while back.

20181029_213253-3.jpg

Here's the small blem on the handle. Should be fine once I get some epoxy down in there. Actually I'm sure that it would be fine without the epoxy.
20181029_213118-3.jpg

I've broken out the files and sandpaper and reduced the handles on some. I have small hands too so the smaller traditional size handles always worked for me. I just take the whole thing down evenly so I maintain the original shape and look, just smaller.
Usually the handle will look a bunch nicer after some sanding. They don't oil or finish over there, just hit them on the buffer wheel.
Getting rid of that buffer polish brings the wood out even nicer than they look when they arrive.

You'll find that black scale is harder than heck, it's tough. You can sand and grind forever and hardly dent it but hit it with the apple vinegar, I usually soak a paper towel and keep it damp and in 15 or 20 minutes it's gone.

I too like the looks of it and generally leave it myself. I did the one just to see what the hype was with the vinegar. Pretty amazing.

Back