Deals for 2/13 -- Pix villager and good buys

(To that, I'll add the nebulous nature of funds availability. Some combination of timeliness, desire, and funds enable the great buy DOTD.)

Whatever happens, if I can just find a Folly Foxy to complement my 15-inch Sirupati and 12-inch Pen Knife, I'll get off this crazy merry-go-round.

Waiting for DOTD postings makes me a little too filled with antici.............

....pation!

I understand feeeling out-done by the amazing speed some guys get emails out at. There have been a couple DOTD's I have missed, either by being slow, or away from the computer, as was the case today. No big deal, as far as I am concerned. Certainly it's almost a victory rush to get that "done deal"
email.

I hope there is a 2nd DOTD today.

DaddyDett

cabbit,
I feel ya buddy I really do...That JKM that was sharked by that Andy:)mad: ) guy had my name ALLLLL over it...I was at work when it was posted, therefore I missed it..No worries...Trust me, I have cussed the screen more than once...Just chill and yours will be there one day...

I finally got my 15" AK on the way and that was one on my hit list for several weeks!:thumbup:

btw..

My dream khuks consist of really 2 now...A Kerambit (my precioussss!) and maybe a Neem BAS or a BDC

Let someone that has 7 Kerambits get another and I just miss it I will be cussing the screen more than I should in three different languages...At least 2 other guys would do the same:D

DaddyDett said:
I understand feeeling out-done by the amazing speed some guys get emails out at. There have been a couple DOTD's I have missed, either by being slow, or away from the computer, as was the case today. No big deal, as far as I am concerned. Certainly it's almost a victory rush to get that "done deal"
email.

I hope there is a 2nd DOTD today.

DaddyDett

Yeah, it's guys like Danny In Japan that miss out because of the time differences. A later deal once in a while is nice for them. (Just forget I said that tomorrow at 12 Noon PST! ;) )

Norm

Svashtar said:
And I have the 30" Neem handle Siru. :D

Norm

I take a certain amount of peace knowing it's someplace that it's appreciated.

Just give me a 15" village horn pen, a black horn 18" BDC, and another falcata...
:D

SASSAS said:
I take a certain amount of peace knowing it's someplace that it's appreciated.

Just give me a 15" village horn pen, a black horn 18" BDC, and another falcata...
:D

See, in listing your sharkly activities I completely overlooked the first new falcatta to come out in several years!

I agree on both the 15" pen and the 18" BDC, but will settle for one falcatta. :thumbup: I usually never get two of the same exact model. Something has to be different about them.

Some of my favorite khukuris set neglected for many hours as DOTD until I came by. After I got them then others were interested. Others I have lusted after but they were not for me.

Maybe it's one of many tests in the HI house of khukuri enlightenment. Will you be able to keep your cool even under the frustration? Will you be open and receptive when your khukuri comes looking for you? There are a lot of things to learn.

We should be gentle with each other as we stumble along our paths.

The DOD's are a lot of fun. Sure it's sometimes frustrating when you don't get one you want. I often miss out. That's what spices it up.

Lately I've been very lucky and was able to purchase two in a relatively short period. I might not get lucky again for a long time (with the DOD's). Who knows?

Yangdu always backs her product. No questions asked. She has certainly done right by me.

Have not seen a balance in a long time I have 3 and they are great but I have never seen one with the 3 holes...what is that???

In my (simple) mind, the feeding frenzy adds to the overall excitement. There were a couple of items that I really wished that I could've scored, but c'est la life. But, if there's ever a 20" villager chit with neem handle up for grabs AND I happen to have the funds handy, it's mine, got it? :D

You arm twister. e-mail sent.

Jake

Got it! I'll post a review the day of.

Always glad to help out, jake. I'm sure you'd do the same for me. ;)

Well, no PM sale today. She's still unpacking and cleaning the new khuks. Without Bill she has to do it all herself. Tomorow, DOD.

munk

(( Here is one of those thoughts above the page...transposed...it doesn't exactly exist... I might deny it and say you guys are seeing things in my head... for ..it doesn't have enough 'depth' to it to justify the molecules of energy on the screen.. 3 years ago when I was trying to get an M43, I distinctly remember thinking G D you guys; can't you even let a normal guy, a non collector millionare or hock the stereo sorry to the wife guy get one stinking blade???? I didn't say it because it was too dumb, I've billions other thoughts inside of more interest, and the petty cranky not very flattering energy I'd wasted already in even thinking it was it's own reward and consequence in me. Reading of the New Testament, or meditating and studying the Eastern religions and philosophys has on Page One the premise that our heads are already full up to brim with counter productive, meaningless reactions and thoughts.))))Originally posted by munk.
Now that is an amazing thought not to have! I plead guilty to turning to page one, and checking my sanity against a different benchmark from time to time.

Do not always understand the results however:confused:

PS One of the reasons I love this forum is that comparatively I feel relatively sane:thumbup: :cool:

Do not always understand the results however>>> BrentH

Me neither.

munk

Hey guys I didn't buy one thing today! If I had I would have sharked that Sgt and Elk Handled Pen knife! Good grabs guys and another great round of offerings from Yangdu. You guys are just older more experienced sharks with so many HI's you know collect color variations. lol

If you missed one you really liked just put an order in for it with the photo and say you want one just like it. I'm sure Yangdu can help you.

Billy

Back