Deals for 2/14 -- Pix and Valentine's Day specials.

dragn_flame said:
Tom

4 pages of post & I'm the only 1 that remembered
must be the HIKV infecting your brains huh

hey, i gave the grrl many feet of steel. pipe. in the form of wind chimes that i made :) i would have liked to get a knife as a gift, but she couldn't reach them :)

bladite

Gratuitous post of all antlered trisuls offered in DOTD:

From 9-08-2005
9-08-05-1.JPG

From 9-18-2005
9-18-05-1.JPG

From 10-3-2005
10-03-05-2.JPG

From 2-14-2006
2-14-06-5.JPG

Oh well....another trisul gone to others...well...I'd like to have a white antler one and a black horn one.

Sweet! I can tell you're going to keep me honest Eric. :D I'm glad my recollection on the number made was correct. I tried and missed on all 4. I like the first one the best with this latest one being my next favorite.

Norm

SASSAS said:
Woo Hoo! I got the Hanshee... It's my first hanshee. What are they like? I don't remember seeing a review besides Norm's for the Sher special Hanshee, which looks a lot different to me...

Sassas, this style of Hanshee came out pretty early last year I think and there was a bunch of them made for a while by Bura. They were some of the new batch to come with standard bolsters, back when almost everything had a habaki. The lengths were all 15.5", and all that I saw came between 19-21 oz. These are not as curvy as what you would expect from a "traditional" hanshee, and are not the same symmetry as the Sher special hanshees that came.

They are a nice little blade, and a good choice for an all around knife in that size. Plain in some respects, but very nice balance. You got a very pretty one there in satisal. I have one in horn that has a perfect blade and bolster but needs some work on the handle rings, and then a nice one in chandan and a really pretty one in orange osage. Yours is the first one in many months, so maybe Bura is starting them up again (in his spare time! I can't believe the amount of stuff he's cranking out now...)

Norm

I just recieved the engraved YCS, what a knife! Great feel and balance, too bad it's so pretty I would use it.

Back