Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
6-14-06-1.JPG

6-14-06-2.JPG

6-14-06-3.JPG

6-14-06-4.JPG

6-14-06-5.JPG

6-14-06-6.JPG

L to r

25 inch 39 ounce Villager Chitlangi by Sher with all the usual expected Sher features. Satisal wood handle. Superb rig. $155 delivered. *SOLD*

UDDHA SWORD BY VIM

Overall length--23"
Weight--31 oz.
Spine thickness 3/8"
Montana elk antler handle
Leather scabbard
Today's Price $155.00 *SOLD*

16 inch 25 ounce Chiruwa Ang Khola our best seller Khukuri by Vim. Monkey pod wood handle. Great buy at $135 YBB. *SOLD*

14 inch 15 ounce balance Knife by Sgt. Khadka. Walnut wood handle. Bargain price at $60.00 *SOLD*

Beautifully done 14 inch 16 ounce carved dragons chandan wood handle YCS Karda by Kumar. $68 YBB. *SOLD*

9 3/8 inch 5 ounce baby Khukuri by no Kami mark. Horn handle. For good home $25.00 *SOLD*

Email to get one or all.

vanquish that monkey pod wood fellers! aye!

bladite

Email sent on:

9 3/8 inch 5 ounce baby Khukuri and the 14 inch 15 ounce balance Knife by Sgt. Khadka.

Don't know about you guys, but I have one of those 14" carved wood handle YCSes. and they are niiiiiccceee! They balance really well in the hand and the handles are generous. Plus, that's a really good price. Excellent as a display piece on a stand, even though I've made mine work a bit.

Nice buy, Eric.

I don't want one; don't need one; have no collection into which to put one; and have no utility for one.

That said, sometimes I just click on the pictures of the Uddha swords and admire them for a long time.

They appear just "right" to me.

At least $30 off on the balance, and $20 off the YCS Karda. I paid more for my antler Uddha, but it is beautifully scrimmed by Bura so it all works out. The last couple of days have been great deals. BTW, yesterday's Pachthar knife is still sitting? At $45 off the regular price??! :eek:

Norm

HIKV is one of those recurring diseases, the kind that flares up every now and again. I was OK for a good while, but now I'm in the middle of an outbreak. Two 25" village chitlangis within a week... I just couldn't pass this one up. Something about the blade just drew me to it. And, it looks like that balance has the half inch more than my current one in the handle, which should make it a perfect fit.

Oh, yeah. And being made by Sher, I'll get more big giant kardas... The horn villager from last week and Bagh Bhairab came with kardas the size of a JKM.

SASSAS said:
HIKV is one of those recurring diseases, the kind that flares up every now and again. I was OK for a good while, but now I'm in the middle of an outbreak. Two 25" village chitlangis within a week... I just couldn't pass this one up. Something about the blade just drew me to it. And, it looks like that balance has the half inch more than my current one in the handle, which should make it a perfect fit.

Oh, yeah. And being made by Sher, I'll get more big giant kardas... The horn villager from last week and Bagh Bhairab came with kardas the size of a JKM.

Nice snags! I got a 14" beautiful Balance just like this a couple of weeks ago with a gorgeous streaky walnut handle and 3-hole cho but it was $30 more. Still a great deal, but you outright stole this one today at this price. Hell, that's what Kumar Karda's used to sell for! I have an old Sher 13" balance in horn, and an NKH 14" balance with chainpuri handle, so it made a nice addition, rounding out the set.

That chit was indeed special. Funny how some just look more attractive than others. I thought briefly about trying for this one especially after seeing Steve's pics the other day, but already had snagged a perfect neem handled Villager 25" by Bura and and a regular satisal one by Kumar (the first 25" made), and little ready $ made the decision easy.

BTW, I think the Bag Bhairab's have changed slightly over the past year. I was able to get the first one made in horn, as well as a hill walnut one made a few months later, both by Sher, and the companion knives are nice but not oversized IIRC.

Norm

Svashtar said:
Nice snags! I got a 14" beautiful Balance just like this a couple of weeks ago with a gorgeous streaky walnut handle and 3-hole cho but it was $30 more. Still a great deal, but you outright stole this one today at this price. Hell, that's what Kumar Karda's used to sell for! I have an old Sher 13" balance in horn, and an NKH 14" balance with chainpuri handle, so it made a nice addition, rounding out the set.

That chit was indeed special. Funny how some just look more attractive than others. I thought briefly about trying for this one especially after seeing Steve's pics the other day, but already had snagged a perfect neem handled Villager 25" by Bura and and a regular satisal one by Kumar (the first 25" made), and little ready $ made the decision easy.

BTW, I think the Bag Bhairab's have changed slightly over the past year. I was able to get the first one made in horn, as well as a hill walnut one made a few months later, both by Sher, and the companion knives are nice but not oversized IIRC.
Norm

that was indeed a spiffy chit - yes. i've been eyeing a couple items lately, and have been "on the ball" and could have had any of them (phear people)... the bolos, the really nice chit today, the samsher, that YCS ... my inner voice said "debt it good, but paying the rent and not living in a box is better - khukris rust in the rain...". no job right now, and well, my priorities are keeping a roof over my knives... :( hopefully, even with higher prices, i'll still find something to snag in the months to come (employed months i hope). i'm also looking to join a good kung-fu dojo that teaches weapons in my area - i think that's going to run $100/month easy. money money money. bah :)

rent good, debt bad for khukris in the rain...

bladite

For the love of god somebody buy that YCS before I get a duplicate! For.Absolutely.No.Reason.

Soupah, I know at least a couple of mails have been sent on it, but Yangdu is out of the house right now. ;) I'm sure several folks have asked for it.

Norm

Svashtar said:
Soupah, I know at least a couple of mails have been sent on it, but Yangdu is out of the house right now. ;) I'm sure several folks have asked for it.

Norm

Soupah you wanna watch Ol' Norm, he's as tricky as Tricky Dick was and sometimes says things to throw others off track.;) I didn't see any posts where anyone said they had emailed for the YCS Karda but I could be wrong as I am from time to time.:rolleyes: :foot:
Norm what have you seen or know that the rest of us don't? Oh!!!! :eek: I get it now!!!! You have some kind of secret tracking device that lets you know when and who sent off an email or phone call to the one who enables us all to buy wonderful tools and playpretties.:p ;) :D :cool: :rolleyes:

Yvsa said:
Soupah you wanna watch Ol' Norm, he's as tricky as Tricky Dick was and sometimes says things to throw others off track.;) I didn't see any posts where anyone said they had emailed for the YCS Karda but I could be wrong as I am from time to time.:rolleyes:
Norm what have you seen or know that the rest of us don't? Oh!!!! :eek: I get it now!!!! You have some kind of secret tracking device that lets you know when and who sent off an email or phone call to the one who enables us all to buy wonderful tools and playpretties.:p ;) :D :cool: :rolleyes:
No, really I wish! (And hey, I'm not THAT sneaky and underhanded! Well, OK, just sometimes in good fun with the hapless newbies. :p) Just two things: One, I know that Yangdu often posts the DOTD and takes the first few orders and then signs off for a few hours or for the rest of the day, and many people can send emails in the mean time and not get a response. I just couldn't imagine that a deal like this would sit for hours with no one already asking for it.

Two, after it sat for well over an hour I sent an email on it! :D I don't like to post that I did (even though I know it is the polite thing to do), when there is a good chance I'm too late. But, when Soupah asked I spoke up in any case.

I'm watching my dollars lately pretty carefully, but a big YCS karda with a scabbard for this price is just too good a deal to ignore!

Norm

eswartz said:
Email sent on Uddha Sword.

Eric.

Another great snag Eric. The handle looks great...great contrast of color. Congrats. Send some close-up pics of the handle when you get it please.
DanR

CallsThunder said:
Another great snag Eric. The handle looks great...great contrast of color. Congrats. Send some close-up pics of the handle when you get it please.
DanR

It really does, and another new model for Vim. His second Uddha I think, and a very neat job on the handle. That guy is getting very prolific lately. So far I have seen him go from just crow knives into a little bit of everything.

BTW, is it my imagination of has Bura dropped off lately? I hope he is not one of those that is ill as Yangdu mentioned.

Norm

Svashtar said:
It really does, and another new model for Vim. His second Uddha I think, and a very neat job on the handle. That guy is getting very prolific lately. So far I have seen him go from just crow knives into a little bit of everything.

BTW, is it my imagination of has Bura dropped off lately? I hope he is not one of those that is ill as Yangdu mentioned.

Norm

Wasn't Vim Bura's assistant for a long time. He probably did a bunch of the Bura's pretty much on his own before he got his own mark.

Eric.

CallsThunder said:
DanR

Thanks, This is another one that I originally didn't want or need, but has been popping up on my radar more and more often. And with the antler handle, it fits in my antler collection.

Does anyone think I should fill in that small imperfection in the antler with some white material, or should I think of it as a mark of character?

Typically if I have a lot of open marrow on antler I will fill it in with superglue and polish it up.

Eric.

Back