Weight --33 oz
Spine thickness --3/8''
US purple wood handle
Red leather scabbard
Yours for $195.
7-11-11%20006.jpg

7-11-11%20007.jpg

7-11-11%20008.jpg

18 inch 32 oucne vilager fit and finish m-43 by Lokendra Kami. Neem wood handle. All fittings are white metal. Field sharp rig for $175. *SOLD*
7-11-11%20010.jpg

7-11-11%20011.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all

Last edited:
A beautiful M-43 and no one else is here? Nice old-school Hanuman also. I've never heard of a char chirra. Nice khuks today!

They always say money doesn't buy happiness, but I would be pretty happy if I had the money to buy that M43.

A while ago I was asking if 4 chirra were possible, I guess the answer is: "yes, if you are Tirtha Kami, everything is possible!"
Also, the sheaths look especially attractive lately.

I just opened the box with my last two DOTD snags; so I should be satisfied; but here she is tempting me once again. Sigh. Somebody save me from myself.

I know what you mean Heinlein. I'm still recovering from my last two purchases.

Oh well, email sent on the Char Chirra.

PP sent.

Last edited:
Homeka45-Great snag-He who hesitates is lost I guess.Love that Char chirra!! In fact, it's a monster. And BTW, who can resist the DOD's that Ms. Yangdu posts here?

Last edited:
Beautiful blades there! I'm still waiting on my order I placed on the 1st. If I had the money right now, I'd snag one, or two, or three! BTW the customer service with HI is AWESOME! But I'm sure you guys know that.

What a handsome set of khuks today, and those red leather sheaths! Char chirra, that's gotta be a first, and the Foxy Folly is also among my favourite HI khuk models.

Is there an internet blackout? That M-43 is stunning and has great specs for an all purpose, bomb-proof khuk. I don't recall an M-43 making it past the first few posts in the past. If I didn't have one I'd be having a heart attack trying to hit "send" on that email.

I recently received a beautiful Tirtha M43 villager with a traditional styled grip. I'm curious about the feel of the non-traditional flat grip. I agree with every review or comment I've read about the M43 except with it's curvature and the rings, I feel like I need to be wearing a glove if I'm going to take it for hard use over extended amounts of time. If it weren't for my Tirth I would have been all over this one. Don't want to get her jealous and all..

A while ago I was asking if 4 chirra were possible

I asked Auntie about it last year. Looks like i have to break my hiatus.

Ek Chirra, Dui Chirra, Tin chirra....Char Chirra !

I'm really surprised the Foxey Lady's still there. It's a very well-made piece at 26Oz! and the scabbard is one of the nicest as well.

The Prince Hanuman already feels like it's going to be super fluidic on hand. Good job Himalayan Imports!

I'm still playing with my new Foxy Folly...why hasn't someone snagged this beauty yet ?....That Char-Chirra is stunning and the Neem handle is superb. I think Neem will be my choice for the next custom blade I order. Tirtha rocks !!

Blinky,

The neem handle smells nice on your hand. It gives a nice texture with tung oil as well!

I recently received a beautiful Tirtha M43 villager with a traditional styled grip. I'm curious about the feel of the non-traditional flat grip. I agree with every review or comment I've read about the M43 except with it's curvature and the rings, I feel like I need to be wearing a glove if I'm going to take it for hard use over extended amounts of time. If it weren't for my Tirth I would have been all over this one. Don't want to get her jealous and all..

Mobileninja, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. If I understand correctly, you don't like the ringed handle on the DOTD you picked up? And the curvature doesn't work for you? These later M-43s are very curved from stem to stern, but some don't like that. Jparanee likes the dui chirra due to it being straight and more like a western design IIRC. My Tirtha M-43 feels great since I reduced and shaped the handle, which is easy to do. If your handle ring bothers you, it's an easy fix to reduce it, or remove it altogether. Please do a review on your piece. I'd love to hear what your experience has been. Thanks.

That particular M43's traditional handle was not really traditional for an M43. The few M43 and MkII handles that did have a raised ring were squared off and fatter making them more comfortable. When they did appear the handle also had sort of a bow-tie shape to it, not a big fat round handle.

The ring on mobileninga's was more like some of the more modern skinny sharp raised rings, and I would have to agree with him that they are not comfortable when you really work them. They also chip very easily when dropped which then makes the handle sharp and blister your hand. And to go a step further, they don't really add grip because as your hand gets sore and tired you actually lose grip!

A while ago I was asking if 4 chirra were possible, I guess the answer is: "yes, if you are Tirtha Kami, everything is possible!"
Also, the sheaths look especially attractive lately.

I'm glad someone was positing the question. For a minute there, I thought he made the char chirra just to mess with me. Think they'll go for 5 next?

Please do a review on your piece. I'd love to hear what your experience has been. Thanks.

I'll try to make a review this weekend although what shortswinger noted was accurate. The curve of the handle coupled with the skinny sharp ring aren't a comfortable combination. Add on the forward balance of the khuk itself I can feel that blisters would start forming after some hard use.

Reducing the grip is going to be a little more difficult for me because of the lack of tools. Since it's a chiruwa style the tang was also shaped to form part of the ring. I'll have to find a way to carefully grind the tang flat on both sides without ruining the rest of the handle. Maybe a weekend project if I can build the bravery to do it.

I'll try to make a review this weekend although what shortswinger noted was accurate. The curve of the handle coupled with the skinny sharp ring aren't a comfortable combination. Add on the forward balance of the khuk itself I can feel that blisters would start forming after some hard use.

Reducing the grip is going to be a little more difficult for me because of the lack of tools. Since it's a chiruwa style the tang was also shaped to form part of the ring. I'll have to find a way to carefully grind the tang flat on both sides without ruining the rest of the handle. Maybe a weekend project if I can build the bravery to do it.

I have dremel tool, but found a file and sandpaper did the job very well and without too much effort. I think you'll be happy when you fit it to your hand. Thanks for the response Mobileninja. I'd still like a full review once you get time. It is such a nice looking khuk. Take care.

Back