Deals for 8/5 -- Pix, Thamar Yek Chirra Knives and Awesome Buy

Thank you for all of the suggestions. I'm leaning towards waiting for a lighter/ shorter blade, but I really like one and six. Decisions decisions.

This is all way too much!! The deals! The blades!! My bank account! Agghhhhhh!!!!!

Wow! All Gone! Glad to see these become a regular product. They are fantastic blades and I hope they dont change in form or style. This is the first one offered at 21 ounces.

4346e4a26e70c63f1ca4667a27414d83

They look like m43s with the dip of an AK

And they look even better in person. Auntie again worked her magic, and mine arrived early this afternoon. Such a beautiful blade, and a good one too. It may have replaced my Purna Chainpuri as my favorite.

Seems like you guys prefer the lighter ones. I kinda like meat, but are you looking for carry weight?

Seems like you guys prefer the lighter ones. I kinda like meat, but are you looking for carry weight?

Personal preference. Everyone has their own thoughts and reasons for a lighter/heavier, shorter/longer, fatter/thinner, blade. To be honest, I find almost everyone's reasons practical, and they make sense. So the bottom line, "each to their own".

Personal preference. Everyone has their own thoughts and reasons for a lighter/heavier, shorter/longer, fatter/thinner, blade. To be honest, I find almost everyone's reasons practical, and they make sense. So the bottom line, "each to their own".

And that's essentially what it boils down to....
As we are all different sizes, weights, lengths, styles and strengths... so should the khukuri be to match us as users.
What works for one person may not for another.
The best Yangdu (or I for that matter) can do... is to try to match a khukuri to a persons stated stature and strength. any fine tuning of that, however, must be deduced for the most part by the user him/her self by trial and error....
It's actually the beauty of HI. Theres a khukuri out there made just for about anyone and everyone. If these were made cookie cutter style and all the same, it would be pretty bland and the art of the whole thing lost.

Last edited:
I personally had to get one since these look the most "traditional" designed to me

Plus Thamar seems to have the most sharp and crisply detailed chos from all I've seen

To clarify; of al the HI models, they look the most like the older designs from a century plus ago

And that's essentially what it boils down to....
As we are all different sizes, weights, lengths, styles and strengths... so should the khukuri be to match us as users.
What works for one person may not for another.
The best Yangdu (or I for that matter) can do... is to try to match a khukuri to a persons stated stature and strength. any fine tuning of that, however, must be deduced for the most part by the user him/her self by trial and error....
It's actually the beauty of HI. Theres a khukuri out there made just for about anyone and everyone. If these were made cookie cutter style and all the same, it would be pretty bland and the art of the whole thing lost.
Karda is the master at matching up owners to Khuks. Not always an easy job but he did it by god! Thanks again my friend:thumbup:

8d6b285079eed225b3ea85c7238c0604

Back