Deals for 8/5 -- Pix, Thamar Yek Chirra Knives and Awesome Buy

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Aug 5, 2015.

1. jonesy827

jonesy827

Jun 29, 2013
    Thank you for all of the suggestions. I'm leaning towards waiting for a lighter/ shorter blade, but I really like one and six. Decisions decisions.

2. mtngunr

mtngunr

Apr 10, 2005
    Ow. And at KLVUK price.....i shoulda waited....this is awesome....

3. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    Gosh, you'll have to buy two knives! Can't have too many.

4. Scara

Scara

Jun 21, 2014
    A friend EMS'd for #6.

5. NYCDanMan

NYCDanMan

Sep 18, 2011
    This is all way too much!! The deals! The blades!! My bank account! Agghhhhhh!!!!!

6. ndoghouse

ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Proxy EMS! What a gentleman:thumbup: Thank you sir!

7. Scara

Scara

Jun 21, 2014
    It seems polite, especially since I told him about this deal. Now he has one for his son, and may have one for himself.

8. moparsbob

moparsbob Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2014
    EMS for #5

9. Big W

Big W

Feb 19, 2008
    Ems #1

10. christcl

christcl

Apr 13, 2004
    Deal done on number 6!

Looks like I nabbed a yk after all

11. ndoghouse

ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Wow! All Gone! Glad to see these become a regular product. They are fantastic blades and I hope they dont change in form or style. This is the first one offered at 21 ounces.

[​IMG]

12. christcl

christcl

Apr 13, 2004
    They look like m43s with the dip of an AK

13. Scara

Scara

Jun 21, 2014
    And they look even better in person. Auntie again worked her magic, and mine arrived early this afternoon. Such a beautiful blade, and a good one too. It may have replaced my Purna Chainpuri as my favorite.

14. PappaCutter

PappaCutter

Jul 24, 2015
    Seems like you guys prefer the lighter ones. I kinda like meat, but are you looking for carry weight?

15. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Personal preference. Everyone has their own thoughts and reasons for a lighter/heavier, shorter/longer, fatter/thinner, blade. To be honest, I find almost everyone's reasons practical, and they make sense. So the bottom line, "each to their own".

16. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    And that's essentially what it boils down to....
    As we are all different sizes, weights, lengths, styles and strengths... so should the khukuri be to match us as users.
    What works for one person may not for another.
    The best Yangdu (or I for that matter) can do... is to try to match a khukuri to a persons stated stature and strength. any fine tuning of that, however, must be deduced for the most part by the user him/her self by trial and error....
    It's actually the beauty of HI. Theres a khukuri out there made just for about anyone and everyone. If these were made cookie cutter style and all the same, it would be pretty bland and the art of the whole thing lost.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  17. Bookie

Bookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Cul & Karda--Well spoken, lads.

18. christcl

christcl

Apr 13, 2004
    I personally had to get one since these look the most "traditional" designed to me

Plus Thamar seems to have the most sharp and crisply detailed chos from all I've seen

19. christcl

christcl

Apr 13, 2004
    To clarify; of al the HI models, they look the most like the older designs from a century plus ago

20. ndoghouse

ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Karda is the master at matching up owners to Khuks. Not always an easy job but he did it by god! Thanks again my friend:thumbup:

[​IMG]