Deals for 8/5 -- Pix, Thamar Yek Chirra Knives and Awesome Buy

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Umi

Umi

Apr 24, 2013
    I have been searching out my adoptions, and stumbled upon this. Could you please show us the best curved Thamar spine, Mr Bawanna, sir.

2. ndoghouse

ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    I think Bookie has the goodest one. That may be debatable tho.

3. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Oh yeah. Give me a bit and I'll take a photograph.

4. Umi

Umi

Apr 24, 2013
    Thank you. Take your time

5. moparsbob

moparsbob Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2014
  6. gurkha berserka

gurkha berserka

Aug 16, 2014
    Its funny how we have the exact same taste in both firearms and kukris. I have a Thamar curved spine with a traditional handle too. I thought I was the only one. I still think Bookie has the best one :D

19 inch 27 ounce curve spine Khukuri by Thamar. Satisal wood handle

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  7. moparsbob

moparsbob Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2014
    Hi G.B., Yes, we do seem to have very similar tastes in blades and firearms :D. I didn't remember another traditional-handled Thamar curve spine being posted on a DOTD, and thought mine was the only one, but obviously there are at least two. Mine is 19 inches and 29 ounces, with a 5/16" spine. I wonder if there might be a third...

8. ndoghouse

ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    None of that really matters when ya have the first Samsher, the first Yek Chirra, and a Dogo with a curved spine to guard them:D

[​IMG]

9. Bigbore577

Bigbore577

Jun 15, 2006
    Simply awesome! LOL!

10. gurkha berserka

gurkha berserka

Aug 16, 2014
    The firsts are always the best. I have the very first piece Purna ever made for HI. Its a perfect Yek Chirra... I mean perfect. I think you are the one who named it the "lightsaber". Its still one of my favorite if not the best kukri I own.

11. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Just to give closure to all this guess and by golly talk, I give you the guddest curved spine known to man.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Bigbore577

Bigbore577

Jun 15, 2006
    B'man, that certainly is a beauty!:thumbup: Sexy curves and I'm not speaking of the backdrop in the last picture but, the same would apply there as well. Great job of subliminal messaging!:cool:

13. ndoghouse

ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Oooops...I stand corrected. I do believe Mbob had the first Yek. I fergit I called Aunti Y and asked if she had another so that dont count. Your no.1 Mbob! I stealth sharked mine so that dont count;)

14. Umi

Umi

Apr 24, 2013
    Wow! I gotsta have one of those! Heavy, long, straight handle, and curve. I love the shot with your guard dog. Stunning