Dear KaBar, To whom it may concern....

FAL'ER

Basic Member
It's time for a Becker BK-62 in 4",
and an ESEE/Becker collaboration Tweener,
I'm thinking of a BK 15,16,or 18 with the ESEE HM series handle, in micarta of course. Personally I incline towards the 18 or 15.

anyways, put that on your list, if you would.

Yeah I figure why not put it out there, there's a few of us that use the tweener's even though they're too small in the handle and a few who don't at all, because of that.
I've recently gotten a ESEE 3hm and an 4hm. those handle's are fantastic and very simple.

I just assumed KaBar would do a 4" version of the BK62 at some point.

I’d really like to see the Mark98 made in the USA. It looks like a great, but can’t bring myself to buy a Chinese knife.

The Becker series of Knives is just amazing, the ergos, the blade shape, the utilarian look and your great steel all come together very nicely. I do have lots of them and I’m happy with these knives.
You cooperated with ESEE to get the BK14 going, and this is definitely my grail EDC.

However, and I’ve written this repeatedly, the handle is just a bit short. The Izula 2 has addressed this issue and created a very good little knife with fabulous ergonomics.
If you could just change that handle length to the Izula 2 and sell it with Micarta scales, that would be amazing and a constant seller.

So, please take up the suggestions in this thread

Reactions: Bkg
I agree. I love my BK14. I love the blade shape and the blade length. However the Kabar 1119 wrench knife has just a slightly longer handle making it just that much more comfortable, but the blade shapes are very different.

Here’s a side by side comparison shot.
ZMnMFjT.jpg

Exactly, it's a different knife, and especially the blade shape as well as the slight angle make the 14 so great.
So unfortunately, the wrench knife isn't an alternative...

But you can get the tkc extended izula scales to add that 1/2" to your 14.

If we're making wish lists.

I still want a KA-BAR MK ll or Dog's Head in a 5.5" version.

Just like the original only 5.5"
If we could have this done by Labor Day, that would be great!!!

Don't waste time on the box. Just bubble wrap it and mail it to me.

I will provide gentle testing, moral support, and misguided advice.

If we're making wish lists.

I still want a KA-BAR MK ll or Dog's Head in a 5.5" version.

Just like the original only 5.5"
If we could have this done by Labor Day, that would be great!!!

Don't waste time on the box. Just bubble wrap it and mail it to me.

I will provide gentle testing, moral support, and misguided advice.

If (OK, when) I get the new D2, my dog's head may get bobbed to a spearpoint like the Mk98 folder.

Back