Death Chat!!

whhhatttttt... you guys are all going to shoot bows... and didn't think to hit me up?? i see..

anyhow.. thought i would share a pic of the new tat i got myself for my bday... :)

Snap! Happy Birthday Bro! I will have a present the next time I see you ;) Interesting tat!

You should come around the forums more often. The meetup has been schedule and rescheduled for the last few months.

right on guys.. Thanks.. It was a good birthday this year..

I definitely need to pop in here more often.. we're always so crazy busy all the time.. and it seems after we bought our house, my knife/toy spending $$, got cut to ZEEERRROO.. :( so I guess it cut my forum time down a bit..

I am definitely going to try and make the next meet up.. would love to maybe get some grub while there too..

That's a hardcore camping tat, Mike! Happy B-day!

We'll need to do a big knives and archery meet-up next time! Mike can come and instruct us further :) Today was pretty damn fun. Thanks again Jeremy for letting me shoot your stuff, and sorry for losing one of your brand new arrows :eek:

^ Likewise Russel. After the meet up I pretty much went home, sat down with a hot ass laptop, sweatin' hard, reading up on bows haha.

Haha, I know how that goes. Got some remaining backpacking gear and some knives to get first, then gonna start learning the recurve :thumbup:

I am down for the next one for sure... I was telling Mr. Pink earlier, that we should go over to The Bowhunters Unlimited Range, over off of Steven's Creek.. I have been shooting with that Club, at that range for many years.. great bunch of folks.. www.bhuarchers.org

also www.3riverarchery.com is a cool spot to check stuff out..

Nice, how'd you like it? That last scene was done well, right?

Ban, can you recommend some good yoga poses or stretches for relieving tight hamstrings and low back pain?

I would recommend going to a Hot Yoga class and follow the 26 posture and 2 breathing exercise sequence with full dialog for maximum benefits. The dialog really helps with the nuances of going in and getting out of the postures. I understand that some don't have that luxury. You can still get a lot of benefits by just practicing the postures on your own.

You can find the 26 and 2 here along with pics and benefits of each posture
http://www.bikramyogasanjose.com/bysj/bikram-postures

Pranayama to Eagle Posture is considered the warm up.

Standing head-to-knee to Tree/Toe Stand is considered the Balancing/Strength/Cardio

All of the above is designed to fully warm the body up for the Floor series to get deep into the stretches.

For hamstring I would recommend Halfmoon in particular the 4th part Hands to Feet. Standing Separate Leg and both parts of Head to Knee with Stretching from the floor series.

Sometimes back problems are caused by the over use of muscles and movement in one direction. We tend to bend forward a whole lot more than we bend backwards. Think about it. When was the last time your spine did a back bend? It may be wise to start integrating some backbends into your fitness regimen to balance things out.

Halfmoon is awesome for bending the spine in all four different directions and is the core warm up. Camel pose will get you into a deep backbend. Let me know if you need more info. You can always pick up the Bikram CD and follow the dialog sequence.

Thanks :thumbup:. I'll look give it as good a go as I can on my own, and I'll let you know if I need more info. I've been planning to work more on core strengthening this year, and stretch better.

What's the difference between Pose 3 and 4 for the Halfmoon? Is it that you let the head relax and hang down? I've done more or less the Standing Separate Leg, don't know if I can do the Halfmoon well right now considering how tight I am.

I need to just check out the Mountain View location one of these days.

Pose 3 and 4 are just different expressions of the pose. The final expression should be straight leg with locked knee. Sit bones pointing towards ceiling, body flat to the thighs, elbows behind the legs, and forehead touching the shins near feet. Body and legs should be flat like a Japanese ham sandwich with no light or air between the body and legs as they would say in the dialog. You should do the Intro Offer at Mt View. Try it out for 30days for 40 bucks. Tell Cynthia (Owner) and Jennifer (Manager) you are a friend of mine. About to go get in that hot room in a few hours.

Gotcha.

Yeah, $40 intro 30 days is a pretty good deal. My biggest thing is making classes with my unpredictable schedule and long commute.

Back