Important Info! Deceased makers

Bill Duff one of the founders of Rigid Knives and custom knife maker passed away March 2 due to cancer.

Robert (Bob) Wright, JS from Leukemia mid May 2019.

Tim Hancock will always be an inspiration.

Just read that Ken Warner died, he was my hero, not a knife maker but an inspiration to all who took the time to read what he wrote and the folks he had write for him. There is no one who can take his place, he was the knife community champion of the one liner comment on a knife that said much more. He started the publication "The American Hunter" that the NRA still publishes and our Knives Annuals until Krause took them over. He inspired many knife makers and writers about knives. Just glad I was fortunate enough to meet him!

“He Made ’em Famous” – A Tribute to Ken Warner
By
Mike Haskew
-
July 15, 2019
Blade magazine posted an obituary on their website July 15, it was well worth reading, I believe they plan on more in the next magazine. This was a copy of an earlier article.

Thanks Ed. Doesn't seem to be much out there right now. One of the truly greats in the business whether the kids today know it or not.

Tommy Mcnabb

From Knife Magazine's post on Instagram:

We regret to report the passing of our good friend Tommy McNabb, who was much more than just a fine knifemaker (under the name “Carolina Custom Knives"). Tommy was a stalwart supporter of custom knives and knifemakers in North Carolina and beyond, a man who led by example through the North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild and the Artist Blacksmith Association of North America (ABANA). Tommy was for several years the leading force behind the late, lamented Southeastern Custom Knife Show in Winston-Salem and he devoted a great deal of time to sharing his knowledge of knifemaking with others.

His loss is a loss to the entire knifemaking community, but his influence will long live on through the NCCKG and all knifemakers of the region.

Thanks guys, I seem to be good up until 2006. I've done a lot of research today and I am getting caught up. I also want names of well known as well as lesser known makers. Lesser known maker pics would be appreciated.
I have approximately 150 names. Can you believe that??

Cory. Hamilton , Mt. Died maybe five years , six years ago. His knives number in the 100's. My dad traded his Ruana for a Cory. Both Montana made. This is my 1st post. This site was recommended by another site. The forum. A gunsmith who my dad lived down the road from , Bill Fuller is why I'm at this site. I beleive I have a knife he made , Bill Fuller that is , however it has the name Harold Fuller on the knife. Bill Fuller lived in Cooper Landing, Alaska. He made a Henry for my dad. My dad had it hanging for 16 years and Bill said to him...."your the only S.o.B. ,who I made a gun for and didn't sell it to make money on it".... My dad soon had a ...."matching"... set . I have two knives . One ..."unmarked "...yet a NAME . HAROLD FULLER. One with no name but highly ..."marked".... They look the same to me. Do people have their names not engraved , but punched/stamped in their knives ? Is that common ? Uncommon ? I can see if it was a famous persons knife the value would go up , People etch tools for ID , theft purposes, even diamonds.

Back