Dedicated slip for each Pattern ?

I personally like the thicker smooth veggie tanned leather slips, because they will eventually form to the knife. Or you can speed up the process by form fitting them yourself. The grainy slips or thin leather slips look good, but are much more difficult to get a form fit. Also, you need to start tight to begin with, that is why we make ours in a foldover fashion - put the blade on the seam side and it will break in nicely. There is no such thing as one slip fits all - we have six sizes for the premium leather slips and we could probably do 10 or 12.

Mike's slips work great! Veg tan or goat for different situations.
These are my favorite though.
gqcMPoq.jpg

Here it was when new.
wpvKXyo.jpg

Last edited:
I personally like the thicker smooth veggie tanned leather slips, because they will eventually form to the knife. Or you can speed up the process by form fitting them yourself. The grainy slips or thin leather slips look good, but are much more difficult to get a form fit. Also, you need to start tight to begin with, that is why we make ours in a foldover fashion - put the blade on the seam side and it will break in nicely. There is no such thing as one slip fits all - we have six sizes for the premium leather slips and we could probably do 10 or 12.
Mike, I just received yours for my LC Friday. I modified the top a little. The quality is fantastic to be honest. I'm excited to see how it forms around the Case Bose.

Back